All Female FerrariChatters? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

All Female FerrariChatters?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Tomf-1, Mar 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Chelle, don't sell yourself short, you look beautiful, and besides, a little older the MUCH MORE BETTER IMHO !! LOL

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Somethings get better with age.

3. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Thanx all - an hiya Skip : )
    I still can barely talk - but will call ya - this week the wire an such is sposed to come out. so when it does I'll call ya, I have lots to tell you : )

to answer others though,
    I was raised on a farm - so cars were important.. when your driveway is 1/3 mile long and town is 20 miles away - well, a cab is out and cars = freedom.. and if something breaks on your car or one of the farm machines we all had to learn from an early age how to get it going again..
    actually when all the farm kids would gather in town on the weekends your car is what set you apart... I went through corvettes and musclecars but was always looking for something different.. usually what would happen is some farmer maybe had a good season 10 years prior and got some tempermental english or european car, that no one locally knew how to work on - drove it till it had some issue and stuck it in or behind a barn.. then when I got old enough people started telling me "hey - you always seem to drive weird cars.. if you can get this thing running you can have it cheap... " I love challenges and so all through high school I annoyed my parents with 5-10 ongoing projects at a time.. My first car was a basketcase big block corvette that later turned out to be an original motion stage 3 car (I didn't find out till after I sold it). I had lots though, a fiat spyder for $65, an ex SCCA x1/9 for like $300 (with flares, no bumpers, ANSA, dual webers, a tall scoop, spoiler, and like p235 tires lol), MG's, an original TVR Griffith I got for $1000, chevelle ss's, GTO's, Camaro's, firebirds, etc... plus being on a farm we had to improvise a lot so often a $100 Z28 that hit a deer would provide a drivetrain for say an MG..
    The cars were fun to work on and kept me out of trouble and before long they paid for themselves and then some : ) I never made a ton off them but they always helped me get the next project ..
    Actually to this day I know of one very rare car sitting in a pole shed waiting for someone to rescue it, but the catch is either the owner needs to be in the right mood or we have to wait for his kids to inherit it.. an F & F bodied Delahaye .. just sitting for about the last 25-30 years..
    Painting the Urraco was just to prove to myself I could do it - I had blue eyelashes for like a week.. so I'm not planning on doing the paint myself anymore..
    And Kim has a degree in electrical engineering among other things and has never been afraid to try to fix something..
    Last year we replaced the trans in my rebodied lusso and we were out driving it in 6 hours : )
    We put a new trans in Kims VR4 too - but that took DAYS..
    anyway thanx for the kind words : )
    Chelle

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Welcome, I would love to have more diversity around here.

5. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    That's very cool. God--I had SUCH a vanilla childhood!

6. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

I echo your sentiment...
    I feel like such an under-achiever.

ps: BTW, Rob--Thanks for your sponsorship of embracing diversity.

7. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Wow Debbie - you have some great cars too!! Hiya!
    Chelle

8. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    I think the Lambo was my favorite project because I felt like we were rescueing it.. it had sat disassembled for 6 years and was listed as a parts car... the guy figured no one would want to put it all back together again - I just couldn't imagine letting a rust free undamaged body suffer the indignity of being parted out .. It really is a rare car and deserved to be saved.. and it was nice to do this because it was me and my friend working on it together..

the color took us a long time to settle on.. the guys at the local PPG place let us look through the color books for hours before we finally decided
    Chelle

9. Janet

Janet Karting

Mar 29, 2004
    Pacific Northwest / Florida
    Full Name:
    Janet
    ... and yet another female F-chatter! I have been reading Ferrari Chat daily for a VERY long time and now, with this thread, I have finally been prompted to register. I feel like I know everyone on this site, yet you don't know me. I am not a Ferrari owner but I am a Ferrari lover.

Thanks to all for the wealth of information I have gleaned from this board, and thanks for the frequent chuckles as well.

Hello!! :)

Janet

10. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    A very warm welcome to you, Janet. :) It's nice to see people "speaking up!" ... A ferrari lover is always welcome here!

Byron

11. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    dude, sweet. :)

dual webbers in an X = growl... my Prancing Red-Bull V-locity Stacks. :D

(simmonds prototype induction #6)

12. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    How nice to see some ladies on here for a change. It could do with less testosterone sometimes i think we'll agree on...

Chelle....

"replica 250GTO (I'm currently converting to RHD just to be different).. ".....you know where to come for right-hand drive parts then....

email me if you need anything.

Cheers.

13. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Cool...! It's nice to see more and more of the fairer sex appear here... Maybe some of you ladies can put some of these pig-headed fellas in their place (yes, that includes me)... :D

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ..and then there's the Doctor in AZ, and Brigitte in So Cal.

UK has a 512TR owner.

That's an AWESOME site Chelle. Sorry about the blue eyelashes!

I used to go thru the paint booth with my car, to watch the painter.
    It's been years though. Watched a guy once blow a run all the way down to the rocker panel, an then off the car!.

He turned and said, "A professional knows what to do, when things go WRONG!", and then he winked!

I've never forgotten that advice!

We were painting in the back stall of an abandoned gas station, in Galveston, humididty was 100%! It's funny where you learn life's lessons.

15. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    welcome aboard - I was contemplating posting the typical 'girl and car fantasy' comment, in a good way ;) but I can't stop looking at that Urraco.

Always liked that car, and I'm extremely happy that you restored it. Those cars (I think) next to the Espada are some of the 'bastard children' Lambo's that are very underappreciated and quite often neglected. I've always been partial to the Jalpa and Urraco, but love the Countach too.

But the car looks fantastic, and I'm sportin' wood over how well it looks :D

Quick question Chelle - is the blue the factory color that was originally on the car (I know you repainted it) or did you paint it a different color? If it's not the same color, how did you decide what to paint it. What's the name of the blue?

16. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I must say I'm the only girl on the block w/ 4 sports cars in my driveway.

17. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    Very nice !

BTW By now you should probably now how much we like pics here ;)

18. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Greetings, Janet.
    Glad to have you in the community.

Tom,

19. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Hello Karen----Welcome

Whow...4 sport cars...
    What are they?
    "Show some skins", Karen.

20. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Chelle. Saw your Uracco on E-Bay while back. I take it you did not sell it?
    Looks great in blue, ive seen two reddish-orange ones around here in Ct.

21. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle

Dave, well we intended to sell - but near the end decided to pull teh auction and have some more fun with it... and do a little more work - like replace the timing belt... we feel a lot better no knowing that is out of the way : )

Hiya Janet and Karen!

Jeff, I'll let you know! thanx!

ashsimmonds- now that is an interesting set of velocity stacks... lol My old x1/9 had pretty standard weber air cleaners, but a scoop that looked like it came off a formula 5000... it was about 6" taller than the roof of the car! : )

Jet-x - I think it's called Medium Atlantic Blue metallic... but need to dig out the spare pint to be sure..

Chelle

22. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    It's nice to know that there are ladies out there who understand what it is to be a car nut...ha...

And respect to all the ladies out there who work on their cars...

23. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    Wow, what a great job on that Lamborghini!!

24. zff

zff Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Ken
    oh.

my.

god.

She is beautiful. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. ...and so incredibly sexy, too. I'm absolutely smitten.

I've always considerd the Miura the most beautiful car ever built.

(Hey, my girlfriend reads this.) ;)

Amazing work on those cars, Chelle.

25. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    I'm a female but I don't chat. I just read...