Allan Lambo | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Allan Lambo

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by shelbee, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    Too bad this thread didn't start out as a poll for like/dislike/neutral. I'm curious as to what the results would be. Sounds to me like percentages of 40/40/20 so far...

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    No I agree, the cars are getting larger in the interior (losing the racecar cramped cockpit feel) they are getting higher off the ground (if I wanted an SUV or an 18 wheeler I wouldn't be buying Ferraris)adding drivers aides like power steering so the tennis elbow sufferers can drive (again, losing touch with the inherent race-car heritage, design and pedigree) etc. I kust think it sucks, IMO.

3. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    And BTW, that doesn't make it look any less UGLY!

4. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The 612 has made it all the way into the "Butt Ugly" category.

5. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    HA, no kidding! LOL

6. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Allan is awesome, Although more vocal an A**hole then myself we share the same view about most stuff. Leaving passion asside, reality is reality. Thats what allan posts.

Try scrolling through this thread and count how many are pro allan vs against him. (DES/NNO/Carbon/etc only count as 1 person though)

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's what i keep telling my doctor, but he insists it's MPD... Sigh...

:D

8. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    goddammit Des you beat me to it! LOL

9. Andy 98RT10

Andy 98RT10 Rookie

Jan 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andy S
    I always enjoy reading Allan's posts, he has a great sense of humor. I think it's awesome that he's also a Viper guy.

10. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You've gotta admit when you start to scroll down the page and see the bouncing Lambo you get a little anxious to see what he had to say. It's not like he's here telling people to put sugar in their F car gas tank to make it faster. He's just f#@*ing with you guys over trivial things. I do find it funny that NNO's profile gives no specifics, but he taunts Allan because he won't answer the phone? The problem most people have with Allan is the fact that he doesn't kiss the ass of anyone who owns a Ferrari. We all know the people on this board that do and they are the ones who hate him the most......

11. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    are you guys blind???

Ok i know Allan can be very blunt, but he has posted some of the best things this site has to offer...

All the Ferrari videos (F40 etc) he is always ahead on whats new! I dont think he ever has had a repost...and it always seems when i find something cool to post...he has already posted it lol...jerk hahaha

Allan seems like a good guy, i have seen him at track events when he lived in Florida and i can assure you he owns those cars. We never got the chance at talking or meeting but i havent heard anything too bad about him in the area. lol

I say BRING IT ON ALLAN!! lol

And no i am not pro allan because i am a lamborghini owner/sympathizer lol, everyone has their own opinion even blatant ones...thats the beauty of this chat...

12. Billy10mm

Billy10mm Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Westchester
    Full Name:
    Billy Ng
    Hehe, glad I could bring out a smile. Send me your addy and I'll ship you a new keyboard =). I think you took me wrong on the 550/575 ... I actually like the car, but as I said, it does little to ignite passion in me like a Testarossa did. But then again, I didn't have a Testarossa poster up on my wall when I was a kid because I had very little wall space and there was this thing called the Countach that used up all of it.

Right now every teenager in America is looking at the Murcielago, CGT, and Enzo. But only one of those cars is "touchable" in a sense and that's the Murci. You have a much better chance of seeing a Murci rolling down the street than an Enzo. I will never forget the day my dad rushed in our door and told me to put my sneakers on (I was maybe 12 years old at the time). We jumped in our '82 Dodge van and drove up to the main avenue in town where some 40-something'ish gentleman had just parked his black Countach on the corner while he purchased a coke in a deli and used the payphone (remember the days before cell phones!).

30 years from now, when a handfull of these teenagers has the pockets to pick up the "supercar" of that day ... their first thoughts will go to the one that stuck in their hearts when they were a kid. Right now you could march a parade of 550s through the streets and only the purest of car nuts would even recognize it for what it was. Losing the youth may come back to bite Ferrari in the future. Just my opinion of course.

Maybe in 20 years even the 360-line of cars will be long forgotten and Ferraris will be little more than a better handling Bentley with an decent sounding 12-cylinder for the wealthy 60 yr-old doctor who has too much extra cash lying around crowd.

Bill in Brooklyn

13. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    People who love Howard Stern, listen for an average of 20 mins (they want to see what he'll say next)

People that hate Howard Stern, listen on average of 40mins (they want to see what he'll say next)

14. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Wow, all this because of little old me.

Carbondesdingdongwatchyamacallit, the person who you think is my mom, is actually a bill collector who has infiltrated your double wide, hoping to find any objects of value. No such luck so far.

But in the end, what you have admitted, is that you would sleep with a 60 year old woman. Now you know why i dont answer my phone. Everyone, hide the grannies, The Artist Formerly Beaten in High School, is on the lose.

15. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This thread makes me cover myself in a golden shower. It's better than the Chapelle show.

16. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    FRANK AND BEANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS

17. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    he's got good opinions, I think its good for the board...if everyone just kissed eachother's a$$es and said "your car looks beautiful, and "were just like michael S. now!" itd get boring...

18. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Dare you say. Mr. Ferrari chat ? LOL

19. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I agree, especially regarding what ignites the passion of auto enthusiasts. I bought the 328 because the 3x8 series was the first Ferrari to make me hot under the collar for a Ferrari when I was around 10 yrs old (308 on Magnum PI) and I could have bought a more expensive one, I was looking at 348 Spyders and Testarossa but this was the car that said FERRARI to me, want to always keep it in my stable, even when I purchase Fcar #2. BTW, I want an '84-88 white-on-white Countach, to die for! As for the "extra-cash" crowd you are very correct IMHO. I have thought before that Montezemolo, brilliant a strategist and business man that he is, is still missing the boat with some of the corporate decisions he is making regarding Ferrari. The dealer network leaves a lot to be desired in the satisfaction department, the designs are becoming increasingly pedestrian in nature, big bloated and too high off the ground, not to mention virtually indistinguishable, and therefore unoticed, between many other offerings in the auto world(BTW, WHY did they get rid of the real "exotic car" horn sound?), they are not keeping pace with the latest offerings from Lambo, with the exception of the Enzo and a few doo-dads like the F1 gearbox that have found their way into production cars Ferrari is not really bringing to bear in their street cars enough of their hard-earned F1 technology IMHO. It seems to me that there is so much in the way of design that they could incorporate into the "everyday" Ferraris, not just the Enzo. Nevertheless, you will see a trend in the next 5-10 years where the collector car market will again shift from the muscle-car intensity it sees today to the 80's exotics because guys who are now in their late 20's and early 30's will then have some real money to play with.

20. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Personally, I think both NNO and Allan are great to have around. I could laugh myself to tears reading their posts.

I've personally chatted with NNO on numerous occassions, and he is a really funny and cool guy. No experience with Allan yet, but I suppose he would be quite fun as well.

In fact, I have a driving buddy, who I think would be similar to Allan in terms of personality. He has owned and still owns a lot of cars. Used to have a lot of Ferraris (512M, 512BBi, F40, 550, 355, 360...etc) but decided to sell most of them and got Lambos and other exotics instead. Has 1 Murcie (6-spd), getting another Murcie with F1 and Gallardo. Very pro Lambo. Can be quite abrasive in his remarks but still very fun to be around.

21. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    So the USA freedom of speech is only okay if you like it,and here is me naively thinking communism is dead and as other posters says if you don"t like his posts then put him on ignore and try and grow up while you are at it.

22. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I don't know what gave you that idea! Take a look around our political landscape. LOL

23. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Wow, I did not expect this thread to be as many as bikini thread's postings??

Allan you must have done something.

BTW isn't Lambo = Audi?? Since it is purchased by AUDI??

24. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

If we use your logic.... Audi bought Lambo and helped with the driveability. You nkw have a SuperCar that doesn't need 15k and 30k expensive services like Ferrari, and in the Gallardo is a daily driver, track car, and wild exotic all in one.

What has Fiat done for Ferrari lately?
    I read a one word explanation of Fiat in the auto industry trade papers - "disaster"

Besides... I hear Audi in now helping Ferrari. Or if you want to be PC about it, VW is helping Ferrari :)

25. Hammerdown

Hammerdown Karting

Mar 19, 2004
    MotorCity
    Allan is so popular (or unpopular) that he should have his own website or at least his own section here. He seems to feed off others comments with a quick wit (although sometimes curt or crass, in the style of Don Rickles) and people can't get enough! They line up to be torched by this guy like moths to a flame, I Love It! I'm glad I found this site.