allan on lambo-talk... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

allan on lambo-talk...

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by bostonmini, Dec 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    "I wonder if people in their 40's, 50's, 60's still have the same type of excitement over cars as people my age do"

And just what exactly is your age?

2. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    21, this would actually be an interesting poll...im sure its been done but...

3. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I don't know the situations here but it seems someone is getting ferraris off daddy... at 21!!!

I'm 20, 21 in October. I drive a £3000 french hatchback and I thoroughly enjoy the car. It's a peugeot 306 and i researched and found it to be the best handling car for the money. It's a 1.6 with front wheel drive but i enjoy driving it.
    Next car may be a 2litre rear-wheel drive to upgrade to. I'm enjoying every minute i drive.
    You're a year older and are considering a 360. Mate, i have utmost respect to your parents if they're in a position to give you one, but at least do something to earn the car.
    This is a car that most people dream off and never own, with all due respect, make sure you appreciate what this car does. It's worth 20,000 hours working down at McDonalds. THAT IS A LONG TIME! and it what kids of our age possibly do for an income.

If you can get a 360 at that age and really appreciate that you own a dream of many people then fine, but if you don't appreciate the value of your 'present' then i and most others who work hard for their money won't give you the time of the day.

:D

4. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    to be honest, i think that to some degree, fair or not (and i am not thinking of myself, as, until i have another fairly expensive car, I cannot be included) i think that "earning" has very little to do with whether you have a nice car, from your parents. Many that I know jsut get their kids what they want based on what they can afford, if they can afford a ferrari, then the kids get it...Life is not "fair" really. As for me, I do do quite a bit, my father requires a lot of care as he is somewhat handicapped, and I run the house, while he is working. I also work with him during the day (he works in the securities market, mostly at night), at a new company, which i put about 30 hours a week into. All this with College. Im not saying its justifiable, I would like to think though, that maybe I paid my "lesser car dues" by driving my current car, a Cooper S for a year...and also learned a bit about how to drive a car too..a lesson I hadnt quite learned driving my first car, a Honda S2000 that I sadly crashed.

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    To each is own, to me doesnt matter how you got it, aslong as you appreciate it. As for driving a Mini Cooper qualifying as paying your car dues, i doubt that. Those are cool cars!

6. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Allan, anytime you wanna go for a highspeed blast, i assure you, 135 in that car feels like 200 in anything else! You can almost reach to the ground over the front of the hood!

7. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    IMHO

I would respect Allan's opinion(s) on these cars as he has definitely owned them, drove them, had them serviced, for several years.

I would listen to what he has to say.

8. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    bostonmini quotes:

"and also learned a bit about how to drive a car too..a lesson I hadnt quite learned driving my first car, a Honda S2000 that I sadly crashed."

"anytime you wanna go for a highspeed blast, i assure you, 135 in that car feels like 200 in anything else!"

So let me get this straight, you didn't learn anything after you crashed the first car daddy bought you... because now You are buzzing a Mini down the road at 135 mph...
    And at 21 years of age, you want daddy to buy you what Allen thinks is cool.

I'm sorry, but you are not the "future" Ferrari owner that I would ever socialize with.

9. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    LOL! Im sure Bostonmini will be very upset you dont intend to socialize with him!

10. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth

Try a Europa TC if you ever get the chance; you'll sell the Mini. You only have to go 100 to feel like 200! LOL

Ken

11. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    Or the JPS Europa, black with the gold pinstriping, even cooler :)

12. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Try an M3. That is a great car to learn on before an F car or a lambo. It is quick and so well behaved it actually teaches you what drifting, carving, understeer, oversteer, etc.. should feel like. Precisely why many faster cars can't get around the track faster. Great learning car.

13. gumball3000

gumball3000 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson

14. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    I Had a 996 TT with EVO stage 4. 20000 trouble-free miles 560HP.
    Small shop but they do it right!

15. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    I was going to stay out..but this made me laugh. My friend, just because you work in college helping your dad does not make you deserve a Ferrari. Lots of 21 year olds work in college and that does not entitle them to a Ferrari. If you want the car, just be straight up and say, 'I am a Ferrari fan, and my dad can afford to buy me a 360 Modena, and I am okay with that,' and forget the whole appeal of who deserves what.

Now, I admit that I was lucky as well. I had help in college and my mother loaned me the money to buy an Acura NSX that I wanted. I worked to pay bills on it, yes. But I still admit that I was really lucky and that no kid really 'needs' or even 'deserves' a car like that in college.

The last part that cracked me up though was when you said, "I paid my 'lesser car' dues," by driving a Mini Cooper S. My friend, if you want to pay your dues driving a lesser car, buy some 10 year old Honda with 200,000 miles and drive THAT, not a 1 year old new Mini. On top of that you wrecked an S2000, yet feel you are ready to jump to a Ferrari 360?? How the heck does that work??

Look, I do not mean to tear into you here. Like I said, if I was you I would take the Ferrari and just admit that you are damn lucky. But please do not try and plead like you are a martyr and 'deserve' a Ferrari in college.