AllanLambo & Mako99 - good for the site? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

AllanLambo & Mako99 - good for the site?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mike550, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Are Allan Lambo and Mako99 good for F-chat?

1. Yes - they add value and make FerrariChat a better Forum

2. No, their incessant Ferrari bashing is tiresome - they should be banned

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    As long as particpants refrain from unprovoked personal attacks, I say let them stay. This is not a free speech forum/issue per se, but I would say let the same spirit prevail. Robust debate. You don't defend the right of people to say the same thing as you, you defend their right to disagree. Someone doesn't like 308's, and thus likely has even less respect for my car. So? I can't see letting such an opinion matter to me one bit. To each his own. As long as they play by the collective rules for discussion here, they should be allowed to stay, like anyone else.
    BTW, the poll question is posted in a leading manner.

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Mike, i find it enormously funny that you would waste your time going through countless past posts trying to find evidence against the enemy.

First id like to clear things up. Mako and i definately have different opinions. Firstly, i would never consider a TR over a Countach. Having had both, i know which is vastly superior. As for 308/328's, even though i wouldnt own one again, they are one of my favorite Ferraris to date. I do agree that the Gallardo is superior to the 360 in every way. I dont agree with the Diablo being questionable before the 6.0. Atleast no more questionable than any coinciding Ferrari. I would however choose a Ferrari 328 over a Jalpa, more than likely.

For those that say i like cars that only go fast in a straightline, you are terribly misinformed, especially when you bring up my future Porsche purchase, trying to imply they are only fast in a straight line. Im actually buying the Porsche more for its canyon carving abilities, which will make it more suitable for the roads on Maui.

Personally, myself i say we ban Mike 550 $hitbox, for trying to be the Fchat Hitler. Anyone who is so blatantly concerned with what is written online, must have a screw loose, may be even 2. That and the fact that for the price of a 550, he could of bought a perfectly good Lambo, make him a complete and total idiot!

Lastly, if Ferrari makes a mini 3000pd 500hp Enzo, it will be in my garage, and i will be proud to have it sharing garage space with my Lambo. Till that day:
    Heil Hitler!!!

3. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Leave them alone please,most of the time they don't make much sense,have very little credibility but at the same time are a great source of entertainment and make this board even more interesting.

4. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Dude. That's pushing it.

5. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Keep them both, especially Allen. They add a different point of view to the discussions, and if many of us weren't so thin-skinned they wouldn't add quite so quickly to the flames and post count. If you don't like'em, ignore'm! It's really that simple. We GOTTA get beyond banning everyone with a diffferent point of view, or we will become those we take exception to by becoming as narrow minded and xenophobic as we accuse them of being.

Can we talk cars now, without all having to have the same point of view?

6. vette79

vette79 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    haha i find it funny. dont try to take something that is a humorous response and turn it into a bad remark. thats like using the race card.

7. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    I had relatives with tattoos from hitler...it isn't funny. EVER. hitler was the ultimate racist, and it is offensive, inappropriate, and typical of the behavior that started this thread. I'm a Jew, and I am offended, Allen. As for you, vette, nice start as a rookie.

New software or not, this board is a cesspool now. New posts which are serious, get idiotic responses (see Allan's 140k parroting to Spider price ?); or posts which are idiotic and offensive get supported by noobs.

FWIW
    Lee

8. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    The 360, 550, 456 and 355 has also been prasied and worshipped in magazines for their looks, and you just said yourself in a earlier post that they were ugly. Isn't that a bit double-moral? - Saying that the Gallardo isn't ugly cu'z the magazines say otherwise, and then saying that all new Ferrari's are ugly allthough being prayed for their good looks? You have som issues dude.

9. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    The design or the 456 and now the 612 have DEFINITELY been criticized by the media in print. No debate about that, there are many examples of each.

The 550 was borderline, I do recall seeing at least two negative comments on its looks being too bland when it launched (dead on). Besides the old senior writers that get to cover new Ferrari launches for the mags have Daytona-on-the-brain syndrome, and the 550 was well recieved for that reason.

You have some issues dude.

10. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    Mikey, my 2 cents. You're just at bad for doing this as the others. Move on, my man! Take it for what it's worth.... nothing! I enjoy both their posts, but regardless I just wished they grow up a little....

11. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    First off buttmunch, my father died due to my grandmothers malnutrition while she was pregnant with my father. He suffered throughout his whole entire life. He was Jewish. If you are offended because i called someone Hitler, then you are an IDIOT, as obviously calling someone Hitler, is not a compliment.

As for my so called idiotic post about the Spider price, then i guess that Taek, who bought this car for this price is also an idiot. Or my unlce who bought one brand new for sticker, he's an idiot also.

Inmo, you are a MORON.

12. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Gee Ferrari owners have such big heads and are so far from reality about our cars we need to be constantly ridiculed, put down and demeaned for our choices by members here to give a differerent perspective, what a intelligent theory, freaking idiots.

Everyone should be so lucky as to have someone give them nasty negative remarks everyday to keep them down and give them their reality checks.

The demographics of this site have changed, the members that like these negative debates don't own Ferraris, the result is quality members that add value(not just Ferrari owners) will dissappear from this site.

A more involved moderation would work deleting negative flaming replies or threads as oppposed to an outright ban of certain members.

13. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    You're a disgrace to Jews, you pompous, self-absorbed ******* troll. Comparing a monster like hitler to someone on a focking chat board demonstrates your illness nicely.

I'm sorry about your father. Thank you for your concerns over my family members.

Lee

14. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The only thing I disagree with is there bashing of Carbon and Mako not liking the 308 or 328 becasue "its not as fast as a supercar of the 90s" The car was made in the 80s its old technology of course its not going to compare with moderen cars. But if it wasnt for those cars none of the 3 series would be here today. And I think hes just saying it to get everyone going. To each there own. Other thann those things (actually if you want to be technical..including those things) those are there opinions and how they are as people. I am not condoning it but I realise that's just how they are and this is a really open Forum and it takes alot to get kicked from here. Rob realises it seams that people like them add character on a place like this. I mean without them we wouldnt even have this thread to sit here and b*tch about how annoying they truely are (which to most of us on here they do get annoying) But its all about how seriosly you take them. Its the internet. Why get worked up because some cum dumpster keeps saying stupid sh*t if you dont like it hit ignore. Hell i dont really like it but it makes for good reading.

Also personel attacks (which i have made on allan once regarding his wife and im not proud of it) are insane. If you dont know the person personally how can a person make a personal attack.(4 p words in one sentence.)

15. Jew-hater Allen

BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Kick-a$$!! another Allan who thinks hitler is kewl. We're stuck with Jew names, but we don't have to like'em. Kinda odd you like hitler when they contributed to your dads death, but hey, bygones, eh?

I have a lamborghini and a bunch of rice too. they are all waaaay better thaan these fiats in drag.

I bought a spider for 110k. you and your ******* friends/uncle got taken!!!
    I just picked up Mako99's CS spot too. Wow, I made 160k off this board my first post!
    Thanks Rob, not verymany places an antiSemite can go these days and feel safe.
    I voted to keep thegood ol boys.

16. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.

I SEE IDIOTS!

17. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    i think we we can totally get 2/3s of F chatters to vote "Jew-Hater Allen" voted off the forum. This guy is only degrading to the reputation of this community.

It shouldnt matter what people think, but even as blunt as many think AllanLambo can be, he is a self made man who has a great wit.

"Jew-Hater Allen" your not in any way a asset to the community to anyone .

18. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I agree, what a LOSER, although I think he is just baiting.

19. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Martin:
    Idiots are welcomed here, can't you tell? Must be a Ferrari board thing. I loved being called an idiot and buttmunch when I felt comparing Rob, Mike, or anyone here to hitler was offensive.

My bad. My these people wallow in their own excrement. Rob bragged about 900 new members a month...better all the time.

And guys, I'm jew-hater allen...pretty easy to be a troll, no? Self made man Allan...

I'd pull your sponsorships if I were you.

Lee

20. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Next you will be saying your grandmother was indian to cover up for your racist remark about indians.

Allan's racist thread ...
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/discus/messages/21/331025.html

Allan you are a racist and a troll that doesn't understand that there is a Lambo forum for your "Look at me, I have a Lambo posts"

21. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Allan and Mako99 are colorful additions to this site. I would not support them being banned.

Edit:

I responded to this post before reading some of the thread content. How the heck did this racism thing get started? Very sad.

22. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    What's the big deal? Put them on you banned list if you don't want to read what they have to say...cleans up the board nicely.

23. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    If we would just have a "gentlemen's agreement" not to personally attack someone or to say such things as "all you can afford is a 308", or racist remarks of course, then I think we can all get along. I really don't care who likes or dislikes my car, but why keep saying that such and such a model is a POS? It serves no purpose. Let us try to call a truce and move on with our talk of ALL great cars, no matter the badge on the front.

24. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    keep them..at the very least, they are good for the entertainment and sometimes provide some good counterpoints to a somewhat pro Fcar crowds..I do agree that Mako should tone down a bit on bashing the 308/328..these cars are still some people dream cars, and don't **** on their dreams..

ban the crybabies instead, whoever they are.

25. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Allan R. Fiedler is a weird man.