Allow me to vent - people parking just to P&$% YOU OFF!! | FerrariChat

Allow me to vent - people parking just to P&$% YOU OFF!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by newgentry, Jun 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Sorry I gotta vent here - was an absolutely beautiful day in east TN today, I took off at noon, the wife and I jumped in the car, off we go to Asheville to have lunch at the Biltmore Bistro and Winery (which, as a digression, is a really great place to eat if anyone's ever up there). There's some kind of Corvette rally this weekend, the parking lot was full of some really nice looking Vettes (if you're into that sort of thing, of course *nose upturned, with a sniff*) which was also really cool when I pulled into the same parking lot and a bunch of Vette guys pull out their cell phone cameras to take pics of MY car, but again I digress. OK, so I'm trying to figure out where to park, I went as far to the boondocks as I could, nobody within, literally, 50 yards either way, corner space, we're so far from the restaurant that I feel like calling a cab to get there. Walk in, have a great lunch, walk out, still nobody within 50 yards of the car EXCEPT SOME BEAT UP PIECE OF S*!T AUDI HAS PARKED RIGHT NEXT TO ME FOR NO FRIGGIN REASON!!!!!! Paint coming off of it, rust, hasn't been washed in years, dings everywhere, you know the drill. No excuse for this buttwipe to park right next to me except to, again, *&%^ me off. There must have been 100 spaces between his spot and where the rest of the cars were, but no, he's gotta snuggle up right next to my ride. My heart stopped, I thought to myself, "Dude, if your lame redneck worthless posterior has put one blemish on this thing I will wait here for as long as it takes and then I will beat you to death in front of whatever worthless redneck family you brought with you when you come out." You should have seen me crawling on the asphalt on my knees checking out every inch of the side of my car that faced his. Thankfully, nothing, which is why I'm not in jail right now. Why the hell do people do crap like that? Never mind, I know, but for Christ's sake please save me from people like this!!! Anyway, thanks for letting me vent, if anyone has any "gotcha" ideas to deal with folks like this I'd love to hear them.

2. sozzel

sozzel Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    This is normal, all over the globe... I once parked on the 5th floor at a mall in a far corner, and guess what, some SUV decided to park right besides me...

3. mbhw

mbhw Karting

Jan 17, 2008
    New York
    Um, it may not be as bad as you think.

1) The guy might have appreciated your car, and wanted a closer look.

2) I parked my Camry next to a 456 the other day on purpose because I wanted a closer look, and I figured with me there, no one could dent the Ferrari, even though it wasn't mine.

Glad your ride survived the day.

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #4 TexasF355F1, Jun 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
    +1

Unless he parked like an ass, no need to get bent out of shape. I've puposely parked next to plenty of cars to protect one side of theirs and one side of mine.

I parked next to a 350z, I come out 5 minutes later and the guy moved his car. Talk about a lunatic, ocd, little *****.

Quite being so anal, life's too short. And please use paragraphs. It's a pain in the ass reading a jumble of words.

5. F430Rod

F430Rod Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2007
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Rod
    If you want a closer look at it you could have left a space in between....no? :D.

6. sprite

sprite Karting

Jun 26, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Seriously it's a car. If you are afraid to drive it or leave it in public places, then just leave it at home. People need to worry less. I use my Ferrari and Lambo as daily drivers. I'll park them in a full lot, never had an issue.

7. JDZNate

JDZNate Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Take a deep breath, it's going to be okay.

8. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I could park on the dark side of the moon, and inside of ten minutes there'd be two lunar rovers parked next to me. ...
    ... one with a damaged fender. ;)

I think people hope their cars will learn something. :p

9. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Dang! sorry I parked next to you...just wanted to look at your car.

10. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Buy insurance and enjoy your car...

11. Cheetah

Cheetah Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Sounds like you parked so far away from the restaurant you ended up in the employee lot

12. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    #12 ducowti, Jun 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. f355jimv

f355jimv Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jim
  14. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
  15. ammoman

ammoman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    WINDERMERE FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    ERIC

Your 1000% right but we work so hard for our money in most cases, it's nice to see people want to care for them.
    Eric

16. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    LOL....Stop calling the kettle black and learn how to spell It's "quit" and "purposely" It's a bigger pain in the ass reading miss spelled words. Braaaahahaha

17. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    As others have posted, he may have been trying to protect you car. Since you found it to be ding-free, I'd guess that was his intention. I always try to park on the end and when I can't, I park between two nicer cars. Pick sports cars, because they are usually driven by car guys. Do not park next to Mercedes or BMW sedans unless they are modified. Those are leased by people in a hurry who don't give a crap about anyone else (or so I have found).

18. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    If the biggest trouble you'll ever face is somebody deciding to park his ugly car next to you, then you must have a real easy life.

Now, IF he'd banged it, or even parked so close that you couldn't open the driver's door. . .

19. kgalgas

kgalgas Rookie

Mar 20, 2008
    Agoura, CA
    Full Name:
    Kerri
    I had this happen at work, when I drove the elise in. The freaking axxhole parked so close I could not open the drivers side door wide enough to get in. The car was not hurt in any way, but I was in a skirt and getting in on the passage side and crawling over the e-brake and gear shift was not fun.

I think people are just clueless, they pay no attention to how close they park on the passage side especially then they have no passages to worry about. Or just pissed off that you have a nice car and they do not. I think the other thing people do not to realize is that most of the exotics have wide/ long doors and in order to get in, we need greater distance between car, then they might think (if they think), lambos' excluded.

20. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Yep. I will often park the wife's minivan (POS looking Odyssey) where I know I can protect a fellow car-guy's ride. The kids CANNOT touch you, since the doors slide. Plus, my kids know better. And then you are safe (well, 1/2 safe). 'Course, you aren't going to know it, you'll think a clueless soccer mom with a brood of misfits whipped in and set her mug on your roof while banging her purse against your mirror as she searched for her ringing cell phone.

What can you do, you gotta drive, so you gotta take your chances!

21. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Exactly.

Or you can do what Jay Leno is quoted as saying he does: Only use the real exotics for round trip drives, and never park anywhere.

22. C4talyst

C4talyst Karting

May 28, 2005
    I parked next to an aston martin here in northern VA a couple months ago who had clearly been trying to keep his car away from the others. The guy may have been irked, however I did it so no one else would park there and ding him as the lot was filling up. I appreciate cars...sometimes people may actually be doing you a favor though I'm sure it's rare.

23. fenzoman

fenzoman Karting
    BANNED

Jun 19, 2008
    Enjoy your car and be thankful you don't have to travel in a rusted Audi.

It doesn't help the rep of F car owners to look at it the way you do. Them world already thinks we're all arrogant. If the Audi owner or others saw/heard your reaction, they'll be sure to park real close to all of our cars in hopes up causing that ding.

24. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert
    For real. Its interesting sometimes to note, like here if the profile is accurate, that the folks who think somebody's anal about their car don't have one of their own to start with. I'd bet if they did the response would be a lot different. Anyway, thanks to all, I feel much better now, I LOVE the window dressing, already printed it out. Hope all have a great weekend - I'm going to start mine by washing my car!!

25. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Two ways to deal with guys who park too close.

1. Ignore them. After all, you're leaving and your car is unharmed. (Even if you had to crawl in from the passenger side to gain entry without dinging your door.

2. Carry a small bag of birdseed in your trunk. Someone parks too close, as you're leaving sprinkle birdseed on his windshield all along the wipers. The birds will take care of the rest. You'll feel better, and no permanent harm done :D

DM