Allow me to vent - people parking just to P&$% YOU OFF!! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Allow me to vent - people parking just to P&$% YOU OFF!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by newgentry, Jun 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Komotep

Komotep Karting

May 5, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    steve
    PREMISE: some people park close to other expensive exotics when the parking lot is practically empty

HYPOTHESIS: they perform this behavior out of "status envy", "carelessnes", or as a "protective act of someones great looking car from other hooligans"

SAMPLE SIZE: Ferrarichat.com posters

CONCLUSION: based on the data, it is safe to say the odds are more likely in certain geographic areas.Possible reasons include , disparity in income, and ignorance/envy of the local populace. Otherwise, it seems to occur within the same context of other "common man" autos when parking is crowded anyway and sometimes dings are unavoidable.

2. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    #127 curtisc63, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
    I am amazed at the number of people bashing the OP for his rant; yet, the gem above slipped right on by with barely a second glance. Behavior such as this and knowingly parking in "no parking" zones or handicapped spaces with out the physical need because I drive a Ferrari (or Mercedes, LExus, whatever) shows the real arrogance that gets Fcar owners a bad rap.

Like many others I park any car I drive (yes, even rentals) out away from the general fray for several reasons:
    1. I am glad that I am able to walk and use the opportunity to get a little exercise
    2. The cluelessness of people amazes and frustrates me to no end - so I try and avoid it
    3. I get dings fixed as I hate looking at the blemishes so I try and avoid the source of the expense
    4. It makes it easier to find

$0.02 added

CC