Alonso and Bernie tip Kimi for title (for ron) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Alonso and Bernie tip Kimi for title (for ron)

Discussion in 'F1' started by maxorido, Feb 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    +1....almost ;)

I'm with ya as far as "McHammer" being a serious threat this season but I still view Kimi as the season favorite to win.

2. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    You forgot Massa...

Oops, did I just say that out loud??

:D :D :D J/K ;)

3. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I'm going to root for Heidfeld this year.

Gets old rooting for the Incredible Hulk when the rest of his competition can't bench 250 pounds without a forklift and a spotter nearby.

Or maybe even Rosberg at Williams.

Anything to break the monotony of Ferrari/McLaren and the (near) decade long lock on the titles that they have enjoyed.

2007 was an epiphany especially with the negative backdrop that shadowed the grid from a third in up to the end.

I want to see 4 drivers from 4 different teams battling it out until the end.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    While I see your motivation, I think you're betting on the wrong horse: BMW is in big trouble.

If you want to root for an outsider, I think your chances are better with Alonso or Rosberg.

Personally I'll be keeping a close eye on the TRs and their drivers as well as see what becomes of Team India.

5. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Are they both No. 23 ??? Guess it's working for them because even I know their names and I don't follow football....

6. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Andreas, why is that ? Were they slow in testing or ..??

7. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    well, it seems that Heidfeld and Kubik both said that the car's not as perfectly balanced as last year's car. but few days later, they issued a statement saying that this yr's car is much better than last yr's car in all areas.... :|

8. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey, don't pick on Massa. Massa is a good driver and I want him to win! Go Massa!

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Swiss Blick's Roger Benoit (who knows his stuff having been with the sport for 40 years) keeps reporting about the BMW being soso in testing. You gotta know, that the Swiss still look at BMW very much as their own team because of the Sauber roots, so there is a high interest in everything that the team does. And so far the new car has been rather disappointing, or at least not as promising as everybody hoped it would be. Remember this is the year where it should get its maiden victory.

Here the current situation strength wise as Benoit sees it:

http://www.blick.ch/sport/formel1/formstand-der-f1-teams-81326

Williams (Rosberg) ahead of BMW.

10. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I'm tipping the RB team for some more success. They've looked better than BMW and Renault in testing, and they've said from the beginning that they didn't expect anything until 2008. I wouldn't be surprised if they score a couple poduims, at the expense of a Mclaren or Massa, this year.

11. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I agree with T12, BMW Sauber has fallen down the ladder. In testing this year, they have been closer to the bottom rather than the top. Then again, testing is testing and we will soon find out everyone's speed in 2 weeks in Oz.

12. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Massa finishing behind his teammate in the year-end point standings is as close to a certainty in racing as there is :p

13. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Misty water coloured memories........:)

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Last year when Massa gave Brazil to Kimi, yes. But in 2008, I have a feeling the final points will be opposite of 2007. Massa wants the WDC, Kimi couldn't care less.

15. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    He was going to walk on them today but was denied by an incidence of assured clear distance.

16. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    there's nothing wrong with having opinions regarding racing, etc, but me, i would never dare to presume to know what another human being is feeling (motivation, etc), thinking to themselves. to say Kimi couldn't care less says more about you than anything about the Finn...

17. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1

18. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I think if you consider his off track activity with the team you would understand my opinion. Which I will stick by, Kimi's heart is just not in this (yet) as is Massa's.