Alonso to leave F1 at the end of 2018 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Alonso to leave F1 at the end of 2018

Discussion in 'F1' started by Nuvolari, Aug 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

FA see's the sport as it is. Not in ideal terms. He has good reasons for leaving. We lack a few things as he brings up.

hairy_scotsman and daytona355 like this.
  2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Since Alonso only stated that he won't be in F1 in 2019 some newspapers are starting to speculate whether this all might be just a sabbatical. He wouldn't be the first multiple WDC to sit out a year waiting for a better car. And this would give him the chance to complete the trifecta with a win at the Indy500.

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

No, I can't be bothered.
    It was mentioned somewhere in the motoring press at the time of the crashgate enquiry
    I can't even remember if it was in a French or a British article, but the author seemed to have do his homework and not accepted everything a face value.

I fact, Alonso twice "helped the FIA in their enquiry" against his employers to quote police jargon, and twice he was exonerated.
    Very strange when everybody around him was implicated, and punished.
    The fact that McLaren and Renault were heavily penalised, but every time Alonso was allowed to keep his wins, etc... tells me everything I need to know about the person. Twice he acted as a mole and a whistleblower for the FIA.

Agent Smith and furoni like this.
  4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Alonso knew and was full part of the plan. Right after the race finished felipe massa went out seeking for Briatore and had a fierce agument with him, acusing him of cheating and sabotaging the race..not a year after, it was on the very same day, just after the race ended! Alonso was not stupid, you don't enter to change tyres in the early stages of the race in a circuit you cannot overtake, you try to gain as much distance as possible so you won't loose so many places...when Alonso was told to enter he didn't even questioned the order, without Piquet crash the move would have been a disaster. it was obvious to everyone, but very hard to prove. When alonso joined Ferrari, felipe imidiatly said alonso knew very well what was going to happen in teh race, but was told to put it to rest by Luca, in order to create peace in the team.

william likes this.
  5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    If anything, Alonso moving to Indycar will make me Watch that series more closely.

I am really curious to see how much ****-stirring his team will take from him !

6. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/oct/15/felipe-massa-fernando-alonso-singapore

CRG125 and 375+ like this.
  7. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    As if he hadn't then it would have been perfectly ok for Dennis and the repugnant Flavio to keep quiet.

Best,
    Sammy

8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

IMO, the importance of both incidents (spygate and crashgate) have been deliberately exagerated by Max Mosley to assert his authority on F1, and make an example of Ron Dennis and Flavio Briatore with whom he had personal problems.
    Both teams (McLaren and Renault) almost faced extinction with the severity of the fines imposed by the FIA.
    Years later, Max Mosley found himself involved in a scandal involving prostitutes, and Nazi uniforms in a flogging session that was widely reported in the tabloid press.
    I presume someone heard about his taste for SM, and set a trap to expose Mosley.
    Some have discreetly pointed the finger towards Ron Dennis as the architest behind the set up.
    "Revenge is a dish better eaten cold", they say ...

9. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    ^^^ That would be very interesting indeed !

Best,
    Sammy

10. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Nelson Piquet nterview from January:

william and E60 M5 like this.
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I couldn't agree more with Nelson Piquet's candid assesment: Alonso made a real mess of his career, and has only himself to blame.

14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I heard from a reliable source that someone saw Alonso plowing the board underneath the cars during the night.....

william and Agent Smith like this.
  16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Remenber that Massa was struck in the head pretty bad..that kind of impact can seriously damadge your brain...

daytona355 likes this.
  17. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    He raced with both, he knows what he is talking about.

375+ likes this.
  18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    he raced Shumacher when he was thinking ..should i stay or should i go......ask Irvine what he thinks or barrichelo...of course the later is still in denial!!

daytona355 likes this.
  19. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    daytona355 likes this.
  20. hairy_scotsman

hairy_scotsman Formula 3

Apr 3, 2013
    Austin, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Tim
    So, sit a year or two, and then potentially come back to F1 in a good ride , as the second ever Triple Crown winner. Not bad

daytona355 likes this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  22. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    william likes this.
  23. TheMayor