Alonso to miss Monaco GP to race at Indycar! | Page 40 | FerrariChat

Alonso to miss Monaco GP to race at Indycar!

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Apr 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Of course I do. So does anyone who watches top level racing which includes IndyCar and F1.

So . . . again . . . What's YOUR POINT??

2. I'll bite. I'll even edumacate you.

Why do you say F1 has specified chassis, engines and bodies like Indycar (which is what a "spec" series is).

F1 is non-spec...it has regulations...parameters...that must be met. The sanctioning body does not dictate what you use.

Got it yet?

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Racing is a spectacle as much as a sport.

But you will never understand the difference so I don't see the point of explaining.

4. I understand completely.

What you don't understand is how to answer a question....only how to repeatedly change the subject. But that's okay. I also understand that. :)

5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If you understood you would then understand I didn't change the subject and answered your question.

6. Oh. I apologize then. I must have missed it. What post# did you address the difference in tech 'twixt Indycar and F1 as requested...
    I'll gladly read it. :)

7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Everybody knows that, there is no need to wax it.

But you haven't told us what's your point yet.

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    First. I greatly dislike spec series. Let's just establish that.

But people watch racing to see brave men in amazing machines do things the rest of us only dream about. By amazing I mean technically and also aesthetically amazing. That includes all the senses including sound and even smell.

Take those away and you lose eyeballs watching.

9. #984 lorenzobandini, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Indycar? Amazingly technical? :rofl: (Psssttt. When your told what you have to use, there is no innovation. ;))
    I get it....those SRO stands for Indycar (with the high TV ratings) :rolleyes: vs. the mega million worldwide that follow F1. Gotcha... ;)
    Nice try but... [​IMG] :)

And cows fly too.... :)

'Don't mean to offend, but it ain't aesthetics...

10. #985 lorenzobandini, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    A) Apparently not. I was responding to...

B)See the above post #984. 'Apologies, I didn't mean to confuse.

11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I think that you deliberately want to be obtuse, and confusing.

I am off ...

12. I surmised that long ago. :p
    'More interested in what they look like than what makes them go. Not unusual. Many haven't a technical interest. :)

13. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I think you have one goal: Denigrate IndyCar.

So, have fun out there on your own.

Sayonara . . .

14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes, that and insulting other forum members ...

15. A) You think wrong. Negative. It's spec racing in general I don't care for. I loved IndyCar prior to TG's split. (and they were pretty too, without being dictated) :)
    B) On my own? Naahhh. I'll have my fun with millions while you have yours with thousands. (BTW, how many IndyCar sites are there? And, how many F1 sites are there? Things that make you go hmmmm... :)) Variety is great, ain't it? Having choices is wonderful. ;)
    C) Yeah. 'Sorry to hear it. Japan's still on the F1 schedule tho'...a month and a half from now. ;)

Nope. Perception is on the part of the perceiver.
    What is insulting about stating preferring the technology of racing as opposed to one's preference of the aesthetics?
    And, someone pointing out their preference for beauty as opposed to interest in the technical side (which, in essence is what we're doing here; offering our opinions, based on facts as we know, or don't know, them) does not make me feel slighted in the least. I've confidence in my position.
    To each his own. Again, variety is the spice of life. :)

16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I think it's pretty insulting to the other participants of this forum for you to pretend that you know everything about motor racing, and the rest are just plain ignorant folks!

Your manner of addressing the other members of this forum is also disputable ; you already have been told as much.

One of your problems is poor text comprehension when reading the posts, leading you to seek an argument, rather than understanding what exactly the poster tried to convey.

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Troll feeding time again? :)

Isn't it past their bedtime?

18. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    William: Give it up. You're just going around in circles with that knucklehead.

19. #994 lorenzobandini, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    A&A) Again, perception is the key. :)

B) I pretend nothing. I know what I know; same as you.

B) Yup. And I disagree.

C) I made my living doing as such. I'm comfortably retired now.

D) Not.

20. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Indy 500 still on the mind of Fernando in Hungary.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoEI-uJguSs[/ame]

21. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Well it's not much, but some more breadcrumbs on the Alonso to race at Sonoma rumor. On Racer.com podcast with Marshall Pruett and Robin Miller a little nugget was thrown in at the end of the podcast stating that Marshall spoke to Zak Brown about the rumor of Alonso skipping Singapore to race Sonoma in Indycar. Marshall said he hoped to have more next week, putting the dots together I guess it's possible Zak told Marshall to hold off on an announcement as we dont' have all the particulars set yet. Stay tuned, hopefully we'll have an answer next week. Marshall easily could have killed the story, but he didn't. Smoke to the fire potentially.

22. 'Just wondering...what with the showing last week mayhaps the potential points for the team will negate such an endeavor. It wasn't looking so good before Indy but things are looking up. That travel $$$ has to be considered and I'm sure McLaren wants to take it's best shot which I'm sure should include Alonso.... :shrug:

23. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Will Alonso leave F1 to race IndyCar in 2018?

Yay or nay?

I'm going with nay.