Alonso to race at the Rolex 24 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Alonso to race at the Rolex 24

Discussion in 'F1' started by RWatters, Oct 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sorry. Robbie. 'Saw it on recorded TV. 'Will research what and where it was. I just caught part channel surfing.

2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Nah...it's ok...I just thought you might have been here. Quite ambiguous!

3. daytona355 likes this.
  4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Didn't elton get done by the local gendarmes for , what do they call it, hooning?, a few years back? Why wasn't he banned from Australia? Pap and aircon, I'm shocked at your lack of governmental influence!

5. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And once again, no damned smileys. Why is it everyone else gets the,, and I can't get a smiley for love nor money.....,.. is there a pill I can pop?

6. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yeah... Made the papers. This is a nanny state.

furoni and daytona355 like this.
  7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I suspect Aircon is in fact a fierce Elton suporter and he used his extensive influence in the AUSSIE GOVERNMENT TO KEEP HIM OF THE HOOK!

8. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Guilty!

9. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Best driver in the world doing best driver in the world things...

10. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    lol sounds fun as hell

11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It was pretty cool, cost a bomb though

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    yeah I bet. what were you driving?

13. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    A Maserati 4200 GT owned by a buddy of mine on that one, and a 575 on a different rally that was a bit more tame!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Nice. A buddy of mine did the Gumball 3000 one year in the early 2000s. Said it was a blast. I've always wanted to do a rally

15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It’s definitely something to do at least once in your life. Just keep on your toes, let the nutters take the risks, and don’t drink too much the night before, that’s where I was okay, I didn’t drink till it was over and I can’t imagine making it the whole way if I had done. Some of them are nuts!

The car takes a bit of a pounding, but if you take precautions, look after her, the cars make it. Make sure tyres and stuff are available ahead of time and stuff. We had a guy that followed in a jeep with a new set of tyres and a few spares of the obvious potential issues, and shared the driving

I did most of it, but my buddy did some. The cops HATE rallies, so be prepared to run and switch plates etc, and you need laser/radar hammers and detectors or you won’t last ten minutes once the word is out.

Bloody hilarious times and lots of pretty girls want to ride in the car (the 4200 was great as we always had company in the back!)

16. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    thats some good info to remember. yeah i would do some drinking but being hungover to the max every morning and then having to spend all day in a car sounds terrible lol so would keep it at a limit

daytona355 likes this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Some of the teams would roll out with bloodshot eyes and shaking hands, i stayed well clear of them on the road!

18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    But it's money well spent!!

daytona355 likes this.
  19. "Australian governing body CAMS" and "F1" are two different entities, that's why....nothing to do with Aussie government.

"E" for effort, no cee-garrrr.... :p ;)

20. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    What are you talking about? He was hooning on public roads.

daytona355 likes this.
  21. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Get YOUR facts straight buddy, F for failure methinks

22. Negative. Youthinks wrong. Gordon was banned from RACING in Australia by CAMS, not banned from ENTRY to Australia by the Australian government.
    Once again one's dislike for something/someone tints their reading glasses distorting their reading comprehension. Take off the hate readers and try again:
    From the article:
    "Robby Gordon is free to apply for a COMPETITION VISA in Australia once again, after being banned earlier this year following his burnout antics in Darwin.

The Stadium Super Trucks owner and competitor came under fire from both local police and the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport for illegally doing a burnout in his truck in downtown Darwin back in June.

Gordon was summoned to Darwin local court where he was fined AUD$4150. He was then slapped with an indefinite visa ban from Australian governing body CAMS, which meant he was unable to compete in the country.

CAMS has now lifted the ban, thanks to a written apology and an AUD$10,000 donation from Gordon to the Australian Road Safety Foundation."

23. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Bloody hell...we're talking about Hamilton.

daytona355 likes this.
  24. No sheet!!! And I responded to daytona355's post:
    Maybe I'm mistaken and CAMS is official Australian govt.? I thought it was just a racing governing body like the ACCUS (American Competition Committe for the United States, which is not a federal governmental entity). My point was Gordon was not banned from Australia, just that CAMS would not provide visa info for racing entry.

Does CAMS supercede FIA F1 like CAMS does Gordon's Stadium Super Trucks? I think not, but I guess I'm mistaken. If so, please clue me. :)

25. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I was talking about Elton hooning, not any racing ban, as was clear from my post. You misunderstood me, as usual

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat