Alonso to race at the Rolex 24 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Alonso to race at the Rolex 24

Discussion in 'F1' started by RWatters, Oct 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    OMG...ok..never mind.

2. Wearing those shades, retention's not your strong point either (of your own posts no less...), eh? As in post 29 (yours)
    Gordon wasn't banned from Australia either, which I stated. He was to be refused a Competition Visa due to CAMS which was stated in the article. Nonetheless, that's all irrelevant regarding my question of what CAMS has to do with F1, and, whether or not it is an arm of the Australian government? o_O

Back at the (Mexican) qualifying ranch..... ;)

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    What are you blathering on about?

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Hey guys breaking news. Alonso to race Zac Brown's riding lawn mower around the block.

5. 'Ain't heard of a Renault powered mower, 'must be Honda....wager on his makin' it all the way around? :D

crinoid likes this.
  6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Yep, I struggle to understand your posting because I find that they seem to flash all over the place yet say just about nothing relevant to the question posed. I asked you to explain, because whether you like it or not, you decided to bang on about competition licences and Robbie Gordon, when I made a separate valid post about elton getting done for hooning in Australia by the cops. Exactly how do you think I'm wrong when I was the first poster about that incident, directed at my buddies in Australia, asking if I was right with that memory about elton (and why they couldn't influence the cops into locking him up or banning him from the country, tongue in cheek and humourous, of course, although you'll be unlikely to get the joke like always) ?

Aircon likes this.
  7. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    He makes a habit of that.... Did it with Bas too I think. Doesn't matter really

daytona355 likes this.
  8. (A) I realize your struggle. 'Already mentioned that. I don't "flash all over the place", I remain focused. ;)
    (B) I shall explain as simply, yet as briefly as I think your capability allows... :p
    I responded to:
    As did you, I made a "separate valid post" asking what the comparison would be in Gordon's situation (CAMS not issuing the info for a "Competition Visa") as opposed to the Federal or Local govts. (can locals???)] doing so for Lewis.
    I understand your humour completely and my ego is not so fragile as to be damaged when someone doesn't understand my humour/curiosity/and or posts. I'm a tad stronger than that. :)
    (C) 'Never thought you were wrong. Maybe it is you that don't understand my humour or smilies (my post #44, which has started your tirade :p) I'm just curious where CAMS lies in the scheme of governing racing/state in Australia.
    If it's too difficult, don't bother, I'll survive. :)

9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I was talking about Elton getting nicked by plod, not CAMS, a totally different type of sanction distantly related to what you are banging on about.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. Good God. I understood that. What has that to do with my curiosity about CAMS place in the world?
    I'm afraid my world doesn't revolve around YOU....'sorry. :sniffle, sniffle:

Oh my...... :(:(:(

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:):):)

11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Weirdo wants to sniff me? Yuck.

12. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I think you're back pedaling. no cee-gaaaar

lol

13. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  15. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    That would almost be a bummer though. LMP1 doesn't have anyone in it so it won't "really" count for Toyota or Alonso in the grand scheme of things. A shame really.

daytona355 likes this.
  16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ..Is this a ****ing conspiracy!! who the hell decided to run Felipe Albuquqerque and Teflonso in the same car?? How am i supose to sabotage the car if a countryman (good driver and fine chap) is driving it??

17. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    He'll get the trophy and he would have survived 24 hours so I'm sure he'll be fine with it.

Not that Le Mans needs it, but this should be a huge viewership boost for IMSA and Daytona. Even I'm planning on making the trip (to Daytona) from KS to see the race this year.

18. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  19. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Yup. Hope he races LeMans this year. No F1 scheduling conflict. The man is a BEAST

daytona355 likes this.
  20. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Fernando Alonso is gearing up to get his first taste of driving at Daytona this week ahead of the 24 Hours.

[​IMG]

Formula 1 star Fernando Alonso will turn his first laps at Daytona this week as he gears up for the 24 Hours later this month.

Two-time F1 world champion Alonso will drive the United Autosports Ligier JSP217 in which he will take on the American sportcar classic in this weekend's 'ROAR before the 24' official test, which starts on Friday.

https://www.autosport.com/imsa/news/133720/alonso-gearing-up-for-first-test-at-daytona

21. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I bet they teach kids nice things at his karting school..how to properly crash and cause a safety car!

kes7u likes this.
  23. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes i know about it, very, very sad, and no, it was not refering to that. After the accident there was some controversy, Ralf Shumacher heavily criticized the track saying it was very dangerous, Alonso fired back that what he wanted was to promote his own track instead...for once i agree with Fernando, i think it was a cheap shot by Ralph, i do not know the track but i would be very surprised if it wansn't built to the highest standards. Accidents can happen at any racetrack in any kind of motorsport, sometimes it's just a matter of very, very bad luck. My daughter is also 11 and i cannot imagine a more dreadfull thing to hapen.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.