Alonso's 458 ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Alonso's 458 ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by rmnunez, Feb 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    The seats look like crap! Tacky. Should have left it with just the cavallino.

2. Biscuit

Biscuit Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Italy
    Full Name:
    E. R.
    Any help? I can take you on a tour from Bologna to Modena, Maranello and Sant'Agata Bolognese. I show you how to get to the front doors of Automobili Lamborghini, Pagani Automobili and Ferrari factories (they are not very far from each other) and you put me inside Ferrari for a tour! Do we have a deal? :)

Ah, seriously, to go in a factory tour on Lamborghini (without being a customer) is much easier: you just have to pay 39 euros and the museum is included.

3. Cartist

Cartist Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2006
    Grapevine, TX
    Full Name:
    Omar
    Same color I'd order my 458 in :) -- Bellisimo!

4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    What's the interior color

5. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    #30 TSOYBELIS, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Nice color.

7. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Nice color, but not my cup of tea doh. Cant see the rims clearly, they're looking like option ones!?

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    No, they seem to be the standard broad spoke wheels....spent all the money on the paint!
    CH

9. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Good one LOL

10. treventotto

treventotto Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2008
    Alicante
    Full Name:
    Benjamin
    I heard on the spanish radio last friday that it was not a present from Ferrari, but Alonso said he hadn't paid for it yet.

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm not a fan of Alonso, and I don't really like the 458....

But DAMN! That looks GREAT!

12. Biscuit

Biscuit Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Italy
    Full Name:
    E. R.
    Maybe because bianco Fuji is such an amazing color for almost every new Ferrari! It's kind of the same reason why I ended up liking the EB110 back on the 90's: blu Bugatti ...

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You may have a point.

I dislike a Veyron (ugly and too heavy), but in french blue they look fantastic (there's one for sale atm). If I had plenty of cash I'd be pretty tempting, although I doubt I'd drive it that much!

14. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Bianco fuji is a nightmare to repair chips. I tried it once and never again. I am sure Alonso does not have to worry about details like this that can trouble us mere mortals

15. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    I like this car very much. I also think the "it's not a gift but he has not paid for it yet" is super funny.

16. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    i think it's a beautiful color, but if you have to live with it like you did...yes, difficult, but i would love to have those problems:) btw...any pics of your 288GTO? man i love that car!

17. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #42 PSk, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
    Aren't the standard wheels a slightly higher profile?

Alonso correctly would have chosen those because unlike the rest of you (and me) he can drive and will want the extra grip.

All you guys chosing the lower profile tyres and rims are playing "pimp my ride" :D ... Note a F1 car has about a 65 series profile tyre ... nothing low profile about that because they want GRIP!
    Pete

18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The tire is designed by the 3 tire manufacturers to meet a Ferrari spec standard for performance, durability, wet and dry grip etc. The wheel choice does not change the tire specification. Some people do have a preference for tire brand. I wonder if there is any difference between the weight of the tire from the competing 3 manufacturers?
    However the optional wheel itself is probably slightly lighter than the standard 458 broad spoke wheel. This is based on a comparison of the weight for the 5 spoke sport wheel which I recall had a slight weight advantange compared to the standard Scuderia wheel.
    CH

19. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #44 PSk, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
    I stand corrected, I must have miss-read something somewhere. Yes indeed they are all 20 inch: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269637&highlight=458+options.

Pete