Alonzo vs. Michael Schumacher | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Alonzo vs. Michael Schumacher

Discussion in 'F1' started by BigWilly, Jul 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigWilly

BigWilly Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2009
    It would be cool to see him step, take a strangle hold of the car and muscle the wheels off of it. Something to note is the lack of traction aids in the cars from when he last drove.

2. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
  3. rr87

rr87 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2007
    Europe
    I can't believe people are making such a big deal out of these foolish news...Michael said he's not coming back to F1 and he really doesn't need to. Now Alonso is supposed to come next year to Ferrari and Renault is still in the game, it's not like they left the Championship.

4. BigWilly

BigWilly Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2009
    I think everyone is just tired of the "Danica to F1" talk...LOL
    It's going to be a long next few weeks...

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Although I would love to see either of these guys in the car at Valencia, the other part of me says that it will be Gene for Valencia as he seems like he might be able to get the job done, and he is from Spain as well.

6. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Willy has ruled MS out:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77396

I never thought it would happen (same with Fred), but at least it gave us more "grist for the mill"....

Cheers,
    Ian

7. FerrariF1v12

FerrariF1v12 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
  8. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Are you going to be saying that if he's in a red car next year?....

9. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    If Michael gets back into the cockpit, I will drop everything and be SURE to attend at least one race.

On MS vs FA... FA would get blown into the weeds any day of the week. MS is a once-in-a-lifetime talent. F1 could continue for 100 more years and never see another talent like MS. He's like Michael Jordan.. others may come close, but not that close.

10. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Mike ...:( I dont agree with you for once...:)

11. JoeGuitar

JoeGuitar Formula Junior

May 27, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Big Lebron fan, huh? :D

12. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    #37 rmani, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    i've always made that analogy, but to alonso's credit i see him as something analogous to kobe bryant. truly a rare breed and arguably one of the best driver's ever in F1. No one can touch Schumacher, BUT I would consider Alonso in the debate for the 2nd best driver ever. I still dislike the guy, but I know he and Ferrari would make for a formidable force.

Personally I'm praying we'll see Schumacher fill in for the rest of the season. Schumacher/Kimi combo would be the most potent driver combination ever in F1 IMO. Kimi might even start to have fun again with all the pressure thrown onto Schumacher to once again save Ferrari kimi can enjoy the lesser role and just do what he does best, drive the bloody wheels off the car.

13. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    All things being equal, I would agree with you; but they're not. Michael is 40 and Fernando is 28.

14. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens

Throw in the name Andrea Bertolini...

15. BigWilly

BigWilly Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2009
    No one has mentioned Bourdais...As much as I dislike him, he has driven a Ferrari powered car this year and has a strong contact at Ferrari. Isn't his manager Jean Todts son?

16. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    That would make Bernie glad;)
    I too would love the chance to see Michael one last time and given the way he was ushered out it would be fitting if he had a last hurrah.

17. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Is MS the better driver? Definitely. The car is a better car this season than the Renault as well so that'll help him.

Would he blow Alonso into the weeds given all things equal? I'm not sure. The WDC title Alonso won over Schumacher might lead me to disagree with you there. ;)

18. WillSpain

WillSpain Karting

Jul 12, 2009
    Asturias - Spain
    Oh¡¡¡ really??
    May be for this reason Alonso beats Schumacher twice with a worst car,and when Schumi was champion several times,so with less experience in F1 races.

100 years more,,,never see another talent like this,,,oh yes,,same thing my grandfather said about Fangio,but the times changes my friend,and in future someone will come to beat the Schumi,Alonso,etc,etc records,,,all is about "eras".

Im sure that Schumi is one of the first persons that wants Alonso in Ferrari for next seasons,and the reason is because Alonso was the only driver who could beat him at racetrack,and he knows that.

Alonso is not going to race in a Ferrari at Valencia GP.,,some reasons for that,but one of the most important is:the local goverment and authorities of Valencia(and renault) are "pushing" FIA to let Renault make the race,and pass the santion to other GP,because if Alonso can`t race "at home" this could be a total dissaster for Valencia GP,much less public there in that case,no rentable.So for this reason(and others) I think FIA is going to let Reanult race at Valencia.

Gene was already win the Le Mans 24 hrs,is time for him a chioice for a F1 gp,and "at home" would be perfect about motivation,and Ferrari guys knows that.

Schumi was the best in his era with Ferrari,by far,he makes Ferrari better,he makes Ferrari winner again...but nowadays,in a urban circuit,with fastest cars than Ferrari cars there,,,in my opinion would be very easy that Schumi didn`t finish the race in that especific GP.

We will see who is going to drive the car,,,,,sure is going to be a surprise.

19. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Steve... I dont agree with you for once :)

20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #45 Bas, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    You do talk some utter **** sometimes.

No scrap that, thinking of your other posts, you talk **** all the time.

Back on topic, If schumacher can have a little seat time in an F1 car (not F2008, with slick and 2009 front and rear wing, I think its legal) and providing he's fit for the whole race, he can bring the car on another podium.

Willie Weber said schumacher to return on saturday, pretty soon after the incident. Schumacher said today (or a news report anyhow) that he won't rule out substituting for massa.

21. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Hey, well you can't be right all the time, Steve :D

I just really like and respect MS. I've read alot about him and his dedication, and I've never heard of a driver who was so fully committed to F1. Alonso may have a close level of talent, but MS pushed it to the next level 100% of the time. The man ate and breathed F1. He would be calling the team at 3am to discuss some new idea he had to go faster. He was, IMO, a great winner and a great loser, especially at the end. I think he had an inner talent that was far beyond anyone else on the grid. I would dearly love to see him in an equal machine to Alonso, but that would never happen.

I don't think I'll see another MS-level talent in F1 in my lifetime, sadly.

His only flaw was being German :D

22. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I would agree with that... Alonso is a candidate for one of the best. I'd say Hamilton is on that level too. Hamilton has most of his career ahead of him. I dislike Alonso personally, but I hope he stays in F1 for a few more years at least, because guys like him and Hamilton (and perhaps Vettel) make it interesting.

23. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Kimi will kick Fernando's culo... :D

24. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    which makes it all the more amazing - I'm confident that MS could still beat Alonso like a red-headed stepchild. All just opinion, of course, but remember when he took the car to the track at Fiorano a year or two ago, and was something like 1-2 seconds quicker than anyone (which IIRC included Kimi and Massa).

25. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    You are smoking crack if you think the Renault was worse those two years than the Ferrari.

That's all I can say about that.