Am I crazy to sell my 308 QV? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Am I crazy to sell my 308 QV?

Discussion in '308/328' started by JazzyJay, Nov 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fem

Fem Rookie

Nov 23, 2017
    belgium
    Is hear a low mileage car recently sold and hou was the buyer of the prugna 1985 ? I looking for this kind of 308 gts qv,sorry for my not perfect wrighting inglich, i ame from Belgium,maybe strange but i like the us version,

Sent from my ALE-L21 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Fem

Fem Rookie

Nov 23, 2017
    belgium
    Jazzy jay, i ame patient to buy the rightone for me , i ame from Belgium like i sayd, its diffucult for me to have overvieuw of it but yours car can be maybe the one?,if not ok will you look up en send me information if you like to helpout, Prices here in europe is going down, but in US i think ther is more choise in it, what are the prices right now, not asking price but real sale prices?,thanks ,a good day

Sent from my ALE-L21 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You have good taste. :)

4. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    Depends on whether you have a "need for speed" ... the 308 is lacking in that dept. but probably a sounder investment and hard to fault in other respects. The 355, sexy as it is, is known for devouring your bank balance.

I am surprised you don't mention the 430. That car, apart from stunning looks, has a timing CHAIN not belts.

5. John M

John M Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Kentucky
    Yes you are crazy, but aren't we all!

I vote keeping that Prugna QV. But that is just me. Awesome rare color over the tan leather. You need to put your money where it makes you happy.

I added a 99' 355F1 Spider to my 308GTSi. It has been very reliable. So has my 308. I have kept them both...for now.

As with the 308, I had to sort through some rather simple deferred issues that are so often held as examples of the end of the world problems with a 355. But I have been enjoying a low mileage 355 now for 2 years and it has never left me stranded. The F1 clutch works and shifts the manual trans as it should. The immobilizer alarm and fobs are all functioning. No SDLs or CELs now that the connections are clean and connected to the right boxes. Leaking header replaced. Sticky interior refinished. The top works once I changed the 20 year old hydraulic fluid.

The 355 can bite the wallet as can a 360 if poorly bought. You need to read up about all the possible defects. Buy the best you can afford. Valve guides are a nice big issue on the 95-97 355s for example. I'd have to see leak test and compression on one that vintage before laying out the money. Headers and cats are known to fail. Fobs and keys missing. PIN codes missing for the immobilizer. Sticky interiors, shrink-a-dink leather on the dash, airbags, and steering wheels. Inoperable tops or tops modified to make it manual because the POs were not knowledgeable enough to repair the system. It is an engine out for the belt service on the 355. Engine out for clutch on a 360. So no inner fender joy for the belts on a 355 or the clutch on a 360. Clutches wear much more quickly when compared to a 308.

I think these cars sell on nostalgia and looks. With that, I think a gated shift will be worth more. It is a fairly idiot proof system to maintain in comparison to the F1 clutch. I do think though that the F1 does offer a quicker shift than one can perform on a gated car. I liken a F1 clutch control to the mechanical SPICA fuel injection on an old Alfa....you don't want someone working on it who doesn't know the system or they will FUBAR it all up. You do need a SD Ferrari computer to set the F1 up. It has to be properly calibrated by someone with a clue.

Despite what I am reading above, I think 355 GTS gated is the car to acquire for investment. They trend at the moment higher than a B. The Spider is currently the least expensive of the models. Of course, nothing quite like the music you get in a Spider with the top down.

Again, beautiful 308. Best of luck on your search.

thorn likes this.
  6. Zeus

Zeus Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2007
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
  7. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    A 308 and a 360 both have a wow factor in their own way. The 360 might still turn heads as a “modern” short of Ferrari. However, every time you see a 308 on the road it gives you the chills. The heritage, the history and the timeless design come to life. Amazing car.