Amalgam Collection - The Ferrari 70th 1:18 Collection | FerrariChat

Amalgam Collection - The Ferrari 70th 1:18 Collection

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by AmalgamCollection, Mar 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
  2. 355_guy

355_guy Karting

Dec 1, 2008
    How many pieces of each version are you doing? Or are they each going to be a one-off?

3. AmalgamCollection

Sep 23, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Amalgam Collection
    70 special livery designs adorn 5 currently available Ferrari cars, a total of 350 unique Ferraris. Amalgam Collection are proud to have been appointed by Ferrari to create fine 1:18 scale replicas of these 350 cars. A single model of each car will be available for UK, presented with a special UK Edition ‘1 of 1’ plaque.

FERRARI 70TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION 1:18 SCALE MODELS | Amalgam Collection

4. DGU

DGU Rookie

Sep 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Hi Amalgam,

Was quite excited when this opportunity comes up and make a booking 2 years ago on a F12 model with livery#29. However its disappointing as well that after 2 years wait that not every model of the 350pieces original intended could be make. Is there reason why MR collection were able to make these models in the 1:43 scale but Amalgam can't get some models to produce in 1:18 as expected? It would have been a great celebration for Ferrari 70..

5. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    404 Page not found error on your initial post then too long to respond error on your next post. Where is the link on your web site?

6. DGU

DGU Rookie

Sep 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Douglas
  7. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Funny you compare MR Models and Amalgam.

For starters, a 70th Annv. owner here in AZ never got his 1/43 scale model of his car from Ferrari that was supposed to be built by MR.

I ordered a model of my Tdf from Amalgam and when it arrived it was spectacular. MR models sent me mine 2 years late and it is a piece of crap. Total garbage.

8. DGU

DGU Rookie

Sep 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    I guess both MR and Amalgam got the rights to develop these Ferrari 70 models for specific scale. MR might have been late in delivering a particular model, so I would expect Amalgam to atleast be able to better than them in that aspect, but the reply was that the model under booking will not be produced at all, and that is known only after almost 2 years.

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    There's a nice article about Amalgam in the new issue #11 of "Enzo" magazine.