Amelia Island Concours D’Elegance - 2022 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Amelia Island Concours D’Elegance - 2022

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Rossocorsa1, Aug 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Doubtful, the only other venue in the area that could host an event on this scale is the Omni.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    A location other than Amelia Island.

3. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    Moving this out of Amelia may be the best idea yet. Hotel rooms that are $100 at the end of March are raised to $350-$500 for the one week. A couple years ago, the mayor was looking into unfair pricing for hotel rooms. Moving this to a major city in Florida (Orlando, Tampa, Miami, etc.) would improve things a great deal IMO. Mr. Haggerty, are you listening???

4. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Let’s just move Pebble Beach and the Masters to other venues while we’re at it. The venue is part of the event. If this show falls in prominence it isn’t because of the beautiful setting, it will be because Hagerty chooses to erode the integrity of the show. As for hotel pricing, it’s supply and demand.

Jack-the-lad, dariedell, FLGT and 4 others like this.
  5. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    The Masters venue (Augusta, GA) has nothing going on the other 51 weeks of the year. If the Masters pulled out the down would die like a coal mining town in West Virginia. At least Amelia Island has the resort lifestyle going on 24/7.

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    the concours is the second biggest tourist event in Fernandina/Nassau County (behind, I kid you not, the Shrimp Festival). they will fight to keep it.

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. bradford4809

bradford4809 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2014
    virginia
    View attachment 3480509

8. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Rather than move the venue perhaps they should consider controlling the size….entries, auctions, vendors and spectators. Of course, growth is the Holy Grail to every publicly owned American corporation. Bigger is always better, or so we’ve been told. We really don’t need another Monterey week.

Would anybody suggest that Villa d’Este be moved to a different venue? The venue is part of the event.

Edward 96GTS, Terra and Texas Forever like this.
  11. clonmeliw

clonmeliw Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Jeff Fischer
    #161 clonmeliw, Apr 21, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    Just catching up on reading threads. I'm going to avoid the urge to delve into matters of pedigree and provenance - I'm far less qualified than most on this board - but I can echo the sentiments about the character of the event itself. The overarching cloud of officiousness reached every aspect from scanning and entry, to parking, to a denial of entry into the hotel TO MEET a GUEST for dinner, to the stupid and inane discussion on the PA of fashion (the apparel kind), and the kid-centric focus on slot car racing, some kind of a treasure hunt, and the Kids' Choice award. I never DID find the silent memorabilia auction and I was given conflicting information about the number of automobile auctions by the event organizer - still made it to three (no thanks to Hagerty.) The merchandise shop kept odd hours and had minimal offerings and inventory and pretty much everyone with a Hagerty badge was full of themselves. The line troops (i.e. the shuttle drivers, ticket takers, etc.) however were fantastic - seemed to understand and did their best to make the arbitrary and absurd at least bearable. One pet non-Hagerty peeve - after patiently waiting for an opportunity to take pics, at what point does it become acceptable for people to brazenly and knowingly walk into the frame and hang there? Time and time again.