American Politics !! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

American Politics !!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by hps, Feb 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Don't forget about CHINA !!

2. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Agreed. But since Robin doesn't believe anything that he hears on Art Bell/George Noory's show, then he also probably didn't hear all the scoop on China. China is indeed a big threat, and according to the guy on Noory's show, the Chinese Army now have over 2000 subsidiary companies stationed in the United States to gather business for products made in China. And the profits from these Chinese made products help fund the Chinese Army. But the real interesting fact on the show was this: The Chinese do have intelligence gathering networks here in the United States, but the Number ONE intelligence gathering network is run and organized by the French. They gather much industrial espionage information and funnel/sell the information to the highest bidder.
    And what part of the mainstream media has reported on the DOZENS of deaths of extremely high level bio-engineering scientists? None. And why should their murders concern anybody? Because they are/were the guys in charge of developing antidotes for biological weapons. No antidotes equals mass death and destruction should a terrorist group unleash a new strain of toxic biodeath. Steven Quayle regularly talks about this unreported series of murders on Noory's show. One of those scientists was killed on the side of the interstate near West Memphis, Arkansas a few months ago under very fishy circumstances. Our local newscast covered that story but it wasn't until I heard Quayle's in depth report did I know of any connection to a continuing string of murders.

3. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall

I'll fill you in about the subs. Most are being built to be used for about 30 years. In a carrier battle group you need at least one sub for protection. Other subs are assigned to do various other training missions and stuff. Lot's of Tomahawks are fired from subs in every little war that we get in. In gulf war part I the first tomahawks shot were from a sub, hundreds were shot again in gulf war part II and lots were also fired in Afghanistan. They can be used to deliver people to shallow regions in a stealthlike manner also. As far as ships go they are one of the most versatile and handy ones out there. There's also fears of the Russian built diesel subs that are being sold to any country with the money. The Tridents cruise around the ocean and are what (in my own opinion) keep all other countries from attacking us. Having a submerged nuclear missile launch platform is great, keeps war from occuring. These subs won't be used for other missions though, so you can subtract them from your 55 sub number.

I'm not for building tons of them, but one every 3 years wouldn't be bad. The problem lies in running costs up too high. The Seawolfs ran way over budget, and that can't be allowed. Fast attacks were $1.5 billion, now they're approaching $6B. The money could be spent better. We could buy two russian diesels to train against, which would free up some of our nuke ships to do other stuff.

As far as bashing Clinton about his policies, I haven't heard many complaints from the crews. We saw better pay raises and increased quality of life under him. We also saw a better out to sea schedule. A treaty was made a long time ago to limit the total number of floating nuke weapon silos allowed, so if any of those ships are built, others have to be changed. Both Russia and america are supposed to go by this treaty. The good thing about it is now they want to convert some missile boats into tomahawk boats. These would be more practical to use on a routine basis and still allow new missile boats to be built without violating the treaty.

As far as the $1.5B to encourage marriage goes, I find that to be a sickening waste of money. The government needs to get out of the marriage business all together, but that's a whole new topic.

4. brendon0

brendon0 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    www.lp.org

Also, read the daily postings at www.boortz.com

This is the best chance the US ever has of been a free country
    again.

5. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Democrats = legislated equality (equality on their terms)

Republicans = legislated freedom (freedom on their terms)

There seems to me to be no difference between the parties on the extensive role of government in all aspects of human conduct. Neither seems particularly comfortable with all of the Bill of Rights. Still, I feel blessed to live here.

6. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    Repulicans are for corporate welfare and individual responsibility.

Democrats are for individual welfare and corporate responsibility.