America's 10 most expensive homes | Page 2 | FerrariChat

America's 10 most expensive homes

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by TestShoot, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    yeah in june 99 they rated my company a thumbs up strong buy lol

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    True. Think of the number of closet billionaires they don't have... Makes for entertaining perusal, I guess.

--Dan

3. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003

That explains it. Thanks.

"oh and on newport, f^ck newport, it is a rat trap. i find that in selling my place i get a higher asking prices from other newport residents than people from out of town. it is because coastal oc are lifers, you are from here, you stay here, " Quote from testshoot

IF you were referencing my comment, i was referring to newport RI, olllldddd money hangout, not yet a "rat trap" weasels maybe. If you weren't referencing my coment "never mind".
    T

4. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
  5. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Oddly no. the one that burnt was owned by one of the Boulle brothers (his bro Dennis owns deBoulle Jewelry) but he is a diamond and rare metal mining guy with lots of dealings in Africa.... The other one that burned shortly after finishing is owned by the guy who owns Boardwalk Porsche (and a bunch of other things)

6. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    None of those houses hold a candle to the real "most expensive private residence". Biltmore House is owned by a single individual, and is valued at over a half billion (yes $500,000,000.00) dollars. Now, its no longer occupied, so that's probably why its excluded. Can you imagine being the heir and getting the tax bill on your inheritence?

7. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Bill Gates has a house down in Seatle for $100 million.

8. Prowler

Prowler Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Glendale,Arizona
    Full Name:
    Matt
    wow...three of these houses less than an hours travel away from me....

9. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Dan, where do YOU live!

10. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I thought the Biltmore was considered a historic estate and is now used as a hotel / restaurant / etc? I know BMW does their DE drive to there for the M5 / Z8.

--Dan

11. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Dan,

the house you have quoted was for 45m and listed on the 2002 Forbes......Damn 7 hour brake jobs getting you all confused!! :)