Amex Rant | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Amex Rant

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Innovativethinker, Dec 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Yea Nick it is mostly on Delta. And some on Emirates and Virgin.

2. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I’ve yet to have a bad Amex experience. When my then 19 year old daughter had her card stolen in Spain , Amex triangulated a call with us and she had 1000 euros in less than an hour and a new Amex card the next day. Cost to me was zero. I love my Amex. YEMV. Best , Kirk.

3. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    the higher end AMEX cards vs the entry level cards are vastly different. I bet that is what is going on here. We upgraded to one of their metal cards. (made of metal..) and the points etc were all better. We use almost all our points on Amazon. AMEX does offer the best consumer protection. If the merchant is trying to play hardball all you need to do is mention the words...'chargeback, Amex' and magically they find a resolution. We recently had a car rental place in CA totally stick it to us. The car was dirty, a tire was flat, they had no other cars...and they overcharged us. Learned all of this after we left the airport. We called AMEX and boom, no charge. The rental car place didn't put up a fight.

4. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    I've never had a problem with Amex, ....but have the same issue with Discover many years ago, and to this day when I get a Discover offer in the mail, I instantly tear it up !

5. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Thats very funny !