An email from a Captain in Iraq on Thanksgiving | Page 2 | FerrariChat

An email from a Captain in Iraq on Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by maranelloman, Dec 4, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    I also read that is what happened in the newspaper. But, I've been to Bagdad airport. It's flat with nothing around. How do you hide a Blue and white B747? And the troops did'nt see it??

I guess maybe the whole thing happened in the dark. But it is still hard for me to understand how they kept the troops that are stationed at the airport in the dark.

Bob

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    carloskavros; If you go f*ck yourself, does that make you a Pedophile? Tip: Please be mental with me.

Broadmoor High Security Mental Hospital has been contacted and the men in white coats with a giant net will be at your domicile shortly, as Interpol is quite interested in seeing how your wireless straitjacket with integrated keyboard is causing interference with your dental fillings.

3. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

carloskavros.....

So how does Michael Jackson fit into all of this...........?

Wax........

I'm still laughing.

4. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Its time to put down the crack pipe and slowly move back from your computer.

:D

5. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    If you put a monkey in a room randomly tapping on a keyboard, eventually he will produce..........

Of course, that's what they said about my term papers as well.
    Time for a bananna.

6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    hey WAX FYI..... any aircraft the president is on is automatically identified as call sign " airforce one" gulfstream , cessna , doesnt matter what type or size its a FAA/military regulation. for the trip in this post they may have used a different call sign but you can bet your lunch money that all thoses that need to, knew that was " airforce one" in regaurds to the president bieng on board. "airforce one " flies in a secure radar " bubble" no matter where it is in the world. any aircraft that even tracks close to an intercept/contact course is contacted and threatened. period. scary stuff!!!!! just wanted to share that with ya.

7. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    She sucks, I wouldn't vote for her for dog catcher. Dear old Hil.

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Carlos, those are some seriously bugged out statements; care to explain to us where you dug up this information or can i commence hysterical laughter with the rest of the group...?

9. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Any Air Force plane he is on is "Air Force One". When he flew to the carrier he was on "Navy One", and when he flies in the green and white helicopters, it is "Marine One". When Nixon left office aboard the 707 (VC-135), he took off as "Air Force One", but the minute Ford was sworn in, the callsign changed in flight.

When the blue and white 747's fly without him, they do not use the callsign, "Air Force One." Or in this case, for security. Both flew into Bagdad at night. One spare, as always.

10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Pure grandstandign! If he wanted to help the troops he would not have cut the medical benefits to veterans, and not cut teh combat pay.

11. ART360

ART360 Guest

article in the Chronicle today: parents are buying their kids in Iraq the proper armour so that they don't get killed. Why did we spend the money on Bush's trip when we haven't equipped our kids with all the proper protective gear? When I get an answer to that question, I'll be able to comment on Bush's trip.

Art