an ethics question for 430/360 owners | Page 2 | FerrariChat

an ethics question for 430/360 owners

Discussion in '360/430' started by photonut, Apr 4, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lowyder993s

lowyder993s Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    Leucadia, Ca.
    +1

I have 2x as many PM's as posts...many thanks to the guys who gave me insight into the market. I didn't get a screamin deal, but rather a car that was well cared for at a price I was willing to absorb. Like one of the members told me..."there's nothing more expensive than a cheap Ferrari."

2. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    exactly!

3. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    why is this an ethics question? obviously the reason why you would or would not tell, and why you would or would not think the question itself is rude/tacky/ignorant or whatever, is a cultural or social norm issue.

zippyslug31, i think you've got it wrong. AIUI, the question is not, why doesn't everyone go around advertising what they paid for their car/house/furniture/clothes, the question is why, when asked, are folks reluctant or even offended to say.

4. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    With all the information online these days it is not hard to guess what a car costs anymore, unless it was a few years ago and you paid 100k over sticker. I never cared when people asked what I paid, they were much more shocked when I told them how much it costs to mod the cars.

5. Robdownunder

Robdownunder Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2009
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Makes you want to live in the US.

6. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    amen!

7. Ari

Ari Karting

Feb 23, 2010
    Everglades City FL
    Full Name:
    Ari Silversteinn
    What real difference does it make? Unless you personally know the person posting, or their long posting history, why would you believe him?

It's not like these styles of car forums have a lock on sanity, maturity and truthfulness. Look at some of the longest threads, they are about "O my Gawd, that's is the most beautiful <insert w/evr>" followed by 30 +1s.

8. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Traded 360 for a California. Very happy with the move.

9. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    11500K miles is 11,500,000 miles...amazing durability! I think you did OK getting $90K :) :) :)

10. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    If you feel comfortable posting what you paid or other personal info, be my guest.

I feel differently.

11. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    let's be a little forgiving now, andrew made a simple error!

12. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    I think guys that can afford the new and latest Ferrari's that come onto the market, have to stop thinking about resale values ( unless they're going to flip them immediately ) and just enjoy them as much as possible. The only ones that will hold the values are always going to be the supercars like Enzo's, F40's etc. The 12's and 8's are made in relatively large numbers that guarantees the values will drop. Look at 360's and 430's. The guys that have to be the first on the block with a particular car don't mind paying for it.

13. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    i agree. i just don't know why so many of us make such a big deal of it. after all is said and done, it is just a car! ok, a very NICE car.