An important reminder | FerrariChat

An important reminder

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Subito Grigio, Apr 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    Mondial’s and 308s are mostly mechanical with a minimum of computer management. Being V8s, they are much less complex to work-on, less “exotic” and more readily understood.

The feel of the car is highly immersive in the reality of engine to human to transmission to human to wind to road experience EVERY second! Further, if the driver works on his/her own car a strong sense of pride joins the mix.

My point is: to some large extent we are the keepers of the highly mechanical Ferrari V8 experience.

In a sense too, we are trying to “rescue/save our cars for ourselves and the next owner; and save the car from oblivion.

- just a quick reminder of how important you are.

Best Wishes,

SG

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Il Steeg, paulchua, moysiuan and 4 others like this.
  2. DocBasilone

DocBasilone Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    NW PA
    paulchua likes this.
  3. Journiacois

Journiacois Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Dordogne, France
    Full Name:
    Gerald
    While I totally agree that we are preserving a legacy machine, for ourselves and the future, I would just like to offer that it is not an either/or situation about doing your own wrenching creating a sense of pride in ownership. I don't do the work because I have found over my long life that I tend to break two things when I fix one.

However, I am totally engaged in the maintenance and upkeep of my Mondi. I plan it, I search for and order the parts, I visit regularly with my mechanic and participate fully in decisions on its revision while he does the physical labor. I do agree that our motors are basic engine technology and do not require some highly specialized and expensive ferrari shop to do the work. So part of my job was to find a very experienced, well trained, basic mechanic that I trust do to the work as he has done on my other classics for the last decade. And thus, my participation is backed by my pocketbook but at a reasonable price.

I do greatly respect, and somewhat envy you guys who can do your own work. I'm sure that it gives you a special feeling of accomplishment when the job is done. I guess my point is that it is our commitment to ensuring that our cars are in top condition, now and in the future that is the same. And the smile on my face will be just as broad as yours when my car comes back from its 3 months of major service, in pristine condition, inside and out, and I start the engine again and I hear that sound and feel the road come to me as I drive away.

Thanks for your thoughtful post on our responsibility to preserve something very special.
    Regards,
    Gerald

Il Steeg and paulchua like this.
  4. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    Careful intention and attention works!

Cheers, SG

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat