And So It Begins: At Last | FerrariChat

And So It Begins: At Last

Discussion in '348/355' started by PaulK, Oct 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Today of all days marks a major turning point in my life. I just made a deposit on a special car, a 95 F355 Berlinetta. I have ached for this car for years. I have been on this forum for how long? Some of you old timers may even remember me. Hell, some of you I have had the greatest pleasure of meeting! I have suffered. I have made sacrifices that had enormous repercussions to how my adult life was to form. And it is time.

The best part is that I couldn't have asked for a better seller to buy from, and it's through a close friend of mine who's opinion I hold to the highest regard. He too is close friends with the seller. Furthermore I've been going to the bakery that the seller owns for years (it really is the best freaking bakery!) and never met and wouldn't have found out about this car if I weren't for sheer dumb luck.

Oh... I almost forgot. It's THE right car. It was once owned by a certain well known collector here in MI and has lived a pampered life since new. It has been serviced by exactly the same mechanic for almost it's whole entire life and it may not even have seen rain. There is a little bit of stickiness, and the leather on the dash is *just* starting to shrink around one corner of the dash vent on the driver's side. But that's it. Literally. The seats virtually have no wear on both passenger and driver's side. The car is 100% original with the tools, covers, and all. I honestly think with just a little bit of money and elbow grease it could be made to a platinum winning car. That really could be possible.

But up now is the PPI, and with the grace of God go I.

2. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Watching this should be mandatory. I used to watch this every day for years.

3. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Houston, we have ignition...

Robb

PaulK likes this.
  4. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    1995, check, Berlinetta, check, you have just picked the ultimate! (I am extremeley biased after owning one for the last 11years!). Congratulations, may you enjoy your new toy, she will ruin you for others, the beauty, the rawness and the SOUND!, Forza Ferrari, Forza F355! Enjoy the journey, all the best.

PaulK likes this.
  5. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    congrats.. hope all goes well with the PPI. the 1995 B is a legend..

just watched the vid.. feels good knowing theres a 355 in the garage..!

PaulK likes this.
  6. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    A huge congratulations Paul! You knew what I'm about to say was coming though..... we need pictures!!! :)

-Andrew

PaulK likes this.
  7. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Congrats! You have made an excellent choice :D

drbob101, PaulK and Dave rocks like this.
  8. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    You will need a plastic surgeon to remove the smile from your face after your first drive ;)

PaulK likes this.
  9. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #9 PaulK, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    LOL you are all right, its worthless without pics. Well, I have not taken delivery yet but assuming all goes well with a PPI, that would happen next week. Here is a few pics from when I saw the car.

And I have not even heard or driven the car yet. I wanted to make sure we got the terms right before that happened... otherwise I'd be inclined to pay a lot more!

Thank you all so much for your support and well wishes. I am proud to share this journey with you.

10. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    That's a beautiful F355 Berlinetta, Paul. Congratulations! Drive it in good health.

Barry

Robb and PaulK like this.
  11. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Congrats :) Looks just like the one I sold last year (but it's not as that one had no stickies :D)

PaulK likes this.
  12. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    LOL Guess who I am going to be calling about that...sticky situation?

13. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Thank you, Paul. Give me a call or shoot me an email anytime. I take calls 365 days per year so anytime is fine. As an owner of (2) 355's - we can chat about other stuff too and I'll help you anyway I can ;)

14. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Beautiful car Paul. I know you said it was very mint, but you can't be afraid to drive the car....you only live once!

Best of luck with the PPI and transaction!!

PaulK likes this.
  15. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That is correct Andrew. We only get one shot at this thing called life. I am one of those guys that is just happy to have it, but will have to give her the regular exercise that she deserves.
    A thought entered my mind last night- I pulled the Carfax yesterday, which produced a report five pages long. No issues reported as course, but there are 8 previous owners (not sure if its truly 8 or they are counting when it went to corporate owned as well as leased). I hope to have this car outlive me and continue the chain of meticulous care that its always had. Hopefully I am not the guy who ruins it. There cant be many of these cars with this kind of documentation and fanatical care left.

16. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Congratulations, Paul!!! :D

All the best,
    Andrew.

PaulK likes this.
  17. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter Karting

Jul 15, 2014
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Dayan
    Love the 2.7s. Congratulations.

PaulK likes this.
  18. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thank you Andrew, its great to hear from you again! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thank you Daisy!

In other news, it appears the car does not have keyless entry. Not a deal breaker for me at all- one less thing to go wrong, and one less programming 'thing' to deal with. I have to admit I was surprised to hear this- out of all my years of studying the 355, I didn't know that some did not come with keyless entry. Apparently I have not studied enough. Anyone know how many of them didn't have this?

19. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Hey, our Auchentoshan distillery visit! I was a bit worried that we wouldn't get to do the tour as we got there a little late, but it turned out to be a nice private tour after the guide reconsidered. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

PaulK likes this.
  20. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    2.7 cars did not have an immobilizer/keyless entry. Be thankful.

I usually don't even lock my car as most people don't know where the door handle is.

21. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Andrew, that was indeed a great tour- Very serendipitous. It was very kind of you to show me around town and I enjoyed our time immensely.

As for no keyless entry, I am glad to hear! I was hoping only a small amount didn't have them but it looks like all 95s didn't. So much for being special...

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  22. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Any time, Paul! I'm Stateside now, so maybe we'll meet up on this side of The Pond at some point. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

23. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul

Absolutely!

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  24. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The eagle has landed! I am sorry but I don't have much time to post- I got to jet to a friend's wedding right now but I assure you all that my nuptials have already been exchanged. Ohhhh boy!

Still hasn't fully hit me yet.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NeuroBeaker, 308 GTB, cpmayor and 3 others like this.
  25. cpmayor

cpmayor Rookie

Jul 12, 2016
    Miami, FL, USA
    Full Name:
    Carlo Mayor
    Congratulations!! I'm also a big fan of the '95/Berlinetta/Rosso Corsa/Nero combination and finally found mine last year.

PaulK likes this.