Android app malfunction | FerrariChat

Android app malfunction

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Hocakes, Jan 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    I have the Ferrari Chat Android app on my phone. I will occasionally get a notification that watched threads have new posts. When I tap on the notification, the app opens to a completely blank black screen. Just some of the tools appear at the top, but most of screen black & empty. If I open the app directly by tapping on the icon, it will open to the main page.

Anyone else having this happen & is there a fix?

2. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I wasn't aware there was an app; is there a particular reason you don't just browse the mobile version of the site? It's quite excellent.

3. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    The app is very easy to use & has a black background meaning no seared retinas at night when reading new posts.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Well I see your signature line says you're using a Nexus 6. I use a Nexus 5 and I stopped getting updates long ago and some apps don't work as well with my Android version. Maybe that is the cause? I only use the chrome browser on my phone and not the app.

5. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    The app somehow automatically created & inserts that signature line. I have nothing to do with it. Just go on Play Store & search for the app.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

6. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    It appears you are not using a "Ferrarichat Android app." You're using Tapatalk, which is a completely different thing.

Perhaps seek assistance from the people that make the app.

7. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
  8. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ah. The "Nexus 6 using Tapatalk" sig was throwing me. Sorry about that.

9. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I have seen similar issues.

One thing that sometimes helps is a downswipe on the screen, which reloads the current messages and updates where there are new posts. But I regularly am tolld there's a new post in a subforum I frequent only to find that none actually exist.

There's a thread here, somewhere, for reporting bugs. I'll find it and add this to the list. Been meaning to anyway.

D