Ann Coulter and George Carlin on Leno | FerrariChat

Ann Coulter and George Carlin on Leno

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Michael, Jun 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael

Michael Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2001
    Nevada
    Full Name:
    Michael
  2. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Someone please tell me what qualifies Ann Coulter? How did she get so much voice? I believe she purely pushes her stories to the edge in order to sell her stuff, which it is (I believe her book is No. 1 right now). I kinda would love to see her run for office. Not to see her win, but I would love for her to live up to her words.

3. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

She's currently one of the most popular political commentators and has been for years........just because you don't agree with her positions on things is irrelevant.

Leno hosted that dufus Al "the lying bore" Gore a while back as well...........publicists get them spots, whether it be book tours (as in Coulter's case) or a new movie (as in Gore's case)............

Thanks for the heads up Michael.....I love Coulter, and as Leno is a Republican, it should be a good show.

4. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Leno is no Republican.

5. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    She looks better in black leather mini than Rush or Falwell. Not that they don't wear them occasionally LOL

6. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Coulter is a heartless *****.

7. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    The only leather she should be wearing is a saddle and reins to match her horse face.

8. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    True, but she's no hottie, in my view.

9. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    It's not about agreeing with her positions or anything like that. It's about how you do it. Do you really believe she is this cold, or do you think it gets her in the media and improves her personal gain ($)?

10. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Leno is no Republican, his distaste for Bush is quite obvious. Similar to the majority of Americans. If he were a Repulbican, do you really think he would schedule Coulter the same night as Carlin? That's like leaving a sheep out in the middle of a wolf infested forest. Carlin will rip her to shreads and the audience will love it.

As for Coulter, she was popular amongst the denial crowd until her recent comments about the 9/11 families. She is a lying no class *****. Actually Al Gore was quite popular with the audience that night, you would have known that if you were watching. When Leno asked if he were running for pres in 2008, Gore got quite the ovation. Just because you don't agree with his positions on things is irrelevent. Right?

11. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Ang, politics bore me sometimes, I'm more looking forward to Colbert on Letterman tonite. I'll skip to Leno on commercials. Only 3 more minutes till the shows come on.

12. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Actually, she seems pretty smart and could probably more than hold her own against a hippy like ol' Jorge.

13. gtessier

gtessier Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2004
    OC, CA
    Say what you wish about her, but I loved the way she ripped into Matt Lauer's arse the other day. She exposed Lauer for the tool that he is. Not much of Tom Cruise fan either, but it was also cool to see him rip Lauer last year as well.

14. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    I thought she was pretty good tonight. Has she ever shown doubt at any public appearance? I've never seen her in an actual interview before(only read her stuff) and it seemed that she had no doubt or hesitation in anything she says. I like it. :)

I also loved the "Its ok to call us godless but don't talk about the girls from Jersey."

15. Rexcoltrain

Rexcoltrain Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    Oahu, Hawaii
    I fell asleep...did it live up to the hype? Can someone give a brief play by play?

16. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Ann Coulter is a man. Look at the size of its hands. Note the adams apple. Its shoulders are as broad as Carbons. A man I tell you.

"Heartless"? I never will understand that attitude from liberals about conservatives. Just because some folks do not believe it is right for the Govt. to put a gun to someones head, take as much of their wealth away as they wish and then hand it over to someone else whom the Govt. deems as in more "need" of it does not make them "heartless". The overwhelming bulk of charitable contributions in this nation come from the "evil rich".

I would like to see ALL Govt. welfare, aid, food stamps, unemployment, social security, medicare, medicaid.... ALL entitlement or aid programs ended. It should not be the business of Govt. to take from Peter and give to Paul. This is the root of Big Govt. and corruption.

We all have an obligation to our fellow man to do what we can to help those in need. Its not just whats "right" but such action is what gives our lives true meaning and fullfillment. We all SHOULD be willing to give and help and we should seek out our own best means of doing do. It is our responsibility as human beings.

But its one thing for someone to choose to give and help.... its quite another for the Govt. to force them while giving them no say in who or what gets the "help".

I know...I know.... politics. Take it to P&R. Well, its not really politics, just a philosophy on life. And Ann Coulter is still a man.

Terry

17. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    can't stand Coulter and its been YEARS since Carlin was funny, maybe even decades

18. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    Agreed!! Glad someone else thinks the way I do. Your not entitled to anything just because you were born.

19. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Ann doesn't take any **** from anyone and just doesn't back down. I don't agree with all her views but I normally like to watch her. George is a funny SOB and somewhat crazy as he gets older.

20. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    i have found him less insightful and clever and just mean spirited, not improving with age....

21. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    I'm pretty far on the right in terms of less government, financial conversative, ect., but I think she is just heartless for how she says thing.

22. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    its the extreme, black/white commentators like Coulter, Franken, etc I find tiresome. leftists proclaiming "all Republicans are wrong", rightists "all Democrats are wrong", please, get real and grow up (not you, referring to the extremists).

23. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Agree with you. It's on both sides, and I think the only reason they do it is promote self-interests (book deals, tv shows, ect-----$).

24. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    why its all the more irritating!

25. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Well, of course she is a polarizing, partisan beoutch!

Thats her job. Ann Coulter is an entertainer. She is not a politician, nor a public servant, nor a news commentator. She is an entertainer pure and simple.

It is her job to sell articles, books and to gain speaking engagments. The more outrageous she sounds.... the more she sells. This isnt about what she really believes any more than Leno's monolouge every night represents his true self.

Coulter, O'Reilly, Franken, Maure.... all of them are entertainers who compete to be as shrill and polarizing as they can in order to rile people up so they can maximize their airtime on TV and Radio, get great ratings, sell lots of books and get paid lots to make public appearances and such. Hannity flies around on his own jet. Political entertainment PAYS!

Coulter will have her own TV show within 5 years at this rate.

Terry