Annoying comments made about you f-car.... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Annoying comments made about you f-car....

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 512tr, Apr 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Who cares, don't let it get to you they are driving a honda accord around..."I'm a Lambo guy" yeah sure you are buddy!!

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J

3. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Why would I give a ***** what people say or think about me or what I drive?

4. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Wish her luck and good funding. Have VERY impressive lawyers as friends (yes plural, and yes VERY impressive). Only ONCE someone tried a friv lawsuit against me. We kept them in paperwork hell for a few months as this person could not really afford a proper lawyer. Eventually realized it was better off forgetting about it. Simple exposure is a small fine anyway and she DID start by commenting on my penis so in court this would constitute, well... Let the lawyers chime in here :)

5. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Big deal!! It's just my old sister!!!!!!!

6. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
  7. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    You have an Fcar, Ash?

8. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    ******** you guys are hilarious. :D

9. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Is somebody is being a prick & asking "how much it costs?" I just tell them the truth
    $200,000 :) That usually makes their eyes bug out & they shut the H up :)

10. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    My answer to that one is:

My wife made me sell the jet.

11. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    I was at the model car store last week and this guy came out with all his buddys and said "I HAVE SEEN BETTER" All I could do was laugh. then they circled the car for about a miniute or so and i came out one of the guys friends said to me man look at this thing my reply "YEAH I KNOW BUT I HAVE SEEN BETTER" than got into it and drove away while there jaws hit the pavement. That was a great day

12. Wildwarrior

Wildwarrior Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2003
    PA
    Full Name:
    Glen Winters

I have become quite hardend to people asking personal questions , and that goes for all facits of my life not just my toys. Unless someone shows a genuine love for cars,and in that case I will spend what ever time I have .Otherwise I ignore them like the plague or give them a William answer it does shut them up fast!

13. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    This afternoon from the Shell station attendant--"Is that the real thing or just a replica?"

14. dpardyferrari

dpardyferrari Karting

Aug 7, 2002
    Brunswick Maine
    Full Name:
    Darrell Pardy
    Picture this:
    The Ferrari Club of New England is touring through my home town of Yarmouth Maine and I had arranged lunch for us all at a town restaurant including reserved parking out front. Its a gorgeous Saturday afternoon and there are a dozen cars out from ranging from my 308, a 328, a 355, a testarossa and some 360's. Lots of people slowing down to have a look.

So this patron of the restaurant wanders over and asks me if we were in "some sort of Mustang Club having seen the horsey's on the cars.

15. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I had a 308QV a while back and there was a knucklehead that lived in the same neighborhood as I did that drove a vette....He always felt the need to drive past my house very, very slowly and light up his tires when he went past the house. He would do this when I was outside in the driveway washing the car.

Finally...one afternoon (after a year or so of stalking) he finally decided to speak as he came up on my house. His words of widsom were, "Keep washing that thing...and maybe it will grow up to be a vette." With that he lit up the tires and tore off....he got about 50 feet...all sideways and slammed the median in the neighborhood....buckling his rear suspension on the curb.

Needless to say he never drove past my house again! In fact I think he moved shortly thereafter! Bonehead!

Ciao

Dino

16. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason

HAHA!

17. GTO84

GTO84 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Carbs and intakes are cleaned and on the engine with crossover pipe, and linkage. Its starting to look like a real car! YES, You do own a Ferrari! I can vouch for that!

18. roccapalumbo

roccapalumbo Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    robert
    Today out of nowhere I'm in a parking lot checking my license plate cover because I thought it might be loose and this woman (late 40,s average looking) walks up to me and says "I think it's disgusting you spent that much money on a car" (360 F1) my response "Thank you for your concern and enjoy the beautiful day" Where do these people come from? But, to make up for it when I stopped for gas this group of high school kids could'nt get over the car so I let them sit in it and take pics, opened the cofano motore so they could check out the engine. Peace.

19. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Hum... The worst has to be:

"Damn, you must be rich" (Pure Shock With This One)

followed by:

"Is it really yours?" (Are you serious??)

"How much do you make a year?" ( My Reply: More Than You. Just Kidding)

"Where do you live?" (What does that have to do with anything?) and

"Burn The Tires" (Do you know how much tires cost???)

Weird People is all I have to say

20. imgunn

imgunn Rookie

Apr 12, 2004
    I seriously wouldnt know how to respond to that.

What is it with ppl ?

Is it just jealousy ?

I dont own an F-Car... but if i see one i just casually go up and talk to the driver.. ask what its like to drive etc.

If you can afford to own one.. well more power to you, congrats.. i think 90% of the ppl that own one would of worked damn hard, struggled, gone without and done it tough to get where they are.. thats something i can respect... and something i am working towards myself.
    (i think almost like "thats going to be me soon")

So... really i cant understand why ppl say things like that in general.. perhaps life didnt work out for them and they get mad when they see something that they would like themselves but cant have ?

Any ideas ?

/End ramblings

:)

21. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    "I think it's disgusting you spent that much money on a car"
    OK, pick which one likely applies to this woman:
    a) She's a fun person, and people love to be around her.
    b) She's an arrogant, unhappy, PITA and annoys the hell out of everyone.

22. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon

C, I choose C, her husband left her for a better looking woman and left her with a 1988 Honda Accord. Is it ok that i made my own answer?

23. warrenn

warrenn Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2004
    LA for now,NJ really
    this is a great thread..

I don't like it when my friends or whoever says, "oh man with a car like that what are you doing with a girlfriend? You should be getting laid every night" because 1) I liked my g.f. at the time 2) I'm single and I'm not getting laid every night.

Kids also make me nervous when I go to the grocery or pass a H.S. when everyone is getting out.. oh God, you guys know what I'm talking about.. the comments those kids make.

But mostly.. I'm nice to everyone and answer everyones questions... afterall, its just a car... hahahahahahahahaha and money can't buy happiness.. wealth isn't important.. looks don't matter it's what's on the inside... and all that other b.s.

24. FrostCS

FrostCS Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    See, in that situation you were much more polite then how I would have responded. My response would have been, to turn around and say;

"I think it's disgusting they let you walk around in public."

See, your much more tolerent then me.
    Cheers,
    CS

25. g60racer

g60racer Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Brendan Prout
    /\ Muaha haha ha hah ha!!! I love this thread! Seriously, I'm saving some of this for use in future sermons... I'll figure out a way to work the commentary in.... :)