Annoying comments made about you f-car.... | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Annoying comments made about you f-car....

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 512tr, Apr 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    Um, one of the worst comments ever made about my Porsche, "Is that one of them new Celicas?"

Ahhhh, ran to cover my car's ears! Poor baby, don't listen to that bad man...you promise to start, don't you?

Anyway, one of the nicest comments was, "That's one of the new Porsches, isn't it?" Not bad for a 20 year old car.

And then the worst by a cop, the day I was registering her, "This is a stripped Porsche, thought it was stolen!" Poor thing! She wasn't stripped, just missing the numbers for the back, duh!

Goes on and on, but we all know that! The higher end the Exotic, the wierder the reactions!

Jealousy is not a good thing. Wastes precious time.

But people just don't realize that they have more of a chance to afford their favorite Exotic than winning the Lottery!

- Julie

2. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Oh and when asked what it cost just tell them this particular model can be purchased for under 1 million :)

3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Hey there Frank, it has been unusually quiet in the Louisiana section eh?

Must be that the weather is so nice right now that everyone is driving instead of talking about driving!

4. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    John, I've missed the last couple of drives trying to get these houses ready to be sold, we probably won't have anything until after mother's day since this weekend is looking like a washout :( I did order all sorts of stuff from Griot's Garage to get the 348 cleaned up :)

5. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Nothing wrong with getting the car a nice makeover in the garage while it is raining outside. I am sure that it makes the anticipation that much better when the skies finally clear!

6. Brassovaries

Brassovaries Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Rochester
    Full Name:
    Dinah
    LMAO...that is hilarious! I'm noting these responses for the next time I encounter the ubiquitus stupid question....

How about:

"How fast does it go?" (don't know...speedo's disconnected)

and my personal fav...
    "Did your husband get you into this sport?" (NO! No husband! I got into it myself! Arrrghhh! Assumptions! Grrr....)

Dinah
    '98 F355CH #27

7. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
  8. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Josie and I were on a drive with Bruce and Andrea about a month ago. We were in the F-cars and we pulled into a gas station to fill up. Bruce was waiting ahead in his TR while I was getting the 328 gassed up and the attendant started to make comments. He said, in a sarcastic tone, "I wonder what his insurance must run.' Ridiculous!" all the while not noticing that I was in a Ferrari also. I just nodded in agreement and laughed. I guess a bright yellow TR would distract one from most things.

9. Zachman

Zachman Rookie

Jun 13, 2012

"Damn, you must be rich" Reply: Even better... I'm hung like a horse too

followed by:

"Is it really yours?" Reply: Depends. Who am I

"How much do you make a year?" (Reply: Not enough)

"Where do you live?" (Where do YOU live?) and

"Burn The Tires" (Do you know how much tires cost???)

10. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Q. What kind of gas mileage do you get?

A. I don't really know.

11. Zachman

Zachman Rookie

Jun 13, 2012
    #136 Zachman, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    Some intentionally, obnoxious, potential responses-- off the top of my head:

* Meh... I can live with that
    * Oh, speaking of being disgusted, please have a breath mint. Wait, take two.
    * You say that, like it's a BAD thing. then giggle... (Don't forget to include the eye roll)
    * Granted it's not a flying broom... but seriously-- GREAT costume! Happy Halloween
    * Oh, a psychic? How much did I spend?
    * Oh, you think I had to pay for this... It was a ____ (bonus, gift)
    * I won it in Vegas
    * My Ex paid for it
    * I'm sure there are people who care about your opinion. Don't see any here, but I'm sure there out there somewhere.
    * You chose to wear THAT in public?
    * Weren't you on TV?? Yes, I saw you at that G.A.L rally. You look more butch in person, and much more fit on TV.
    * Menopause flaring up, I see?
    * Try Midol
    * You appear to have too much time on your hands.
    * Are you mad? LOL
    * Why? As they start explaining... Interrupt and clarify, No, I meant Why do you think it matters to me? Who are you?
    * Let me guess, you're a motivational speaker.

12. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    My Response:
    "You REALLY need to start dating men that have a job."

To the P3nis comments:
    "Well 9 inches is a bit small I guess"

To all others: "Nobody cares" (said in a quick and dismissive tone)

13. Chiaroman

Chiaroman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    Non of the verbal stuff bothers me a bit...I just make like I can't hear them.

Works every time!!!

What REALLY pisses me off is when I PURPOSELY park out in the corner of a parking lot and some ********* in a POS car has to park even remotely near me.

IDIOTS!!!!

14. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Interesting gravedig.

PDG

15. Caio

Caio Karting

Mar 17, 2012
    Miami
    - Yes you get tired of "How much does it cost?"

I always answer "Not a lot but is worth every penny!"

- I hate when people look at the dash and always point to the last number on the speedo and think that is the maximum speed.

Usually people are very nice and I like to talk about the car. Most of the time is fun questions. I hate being rude to people but sometimes I feel like just saying: "Google!" haha...

My business partner daily drive a LP560-4 and he also has a lot of fun with questions lol

16. skelly

skelly Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2011
    Recently a guy walked up as I was filling my 328 at a local gas station. He asked if the car was mine and I replied in the affirmative.

He said, in a derogatory tone, "I like the older ones better."

I responded with a smile, "I do too!"

I guess that was all he had to say. He turned and walked away.