Annoying TV commercials poll | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Annoying TV commercials poll

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by kevfla, Aug 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Agreed, this is the most preposterous junk science I've ever heard, but some people fall for it!

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134337008&postcount=20

2. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
  3. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Agreed......... and the volume is increased on these ****ty commercials. Half the time the tv is on in the background and I'm not paying attention - Then this commercial comes on blaring and I've got to turn the volume down... then turn it back up again. I thought the FCC used to regulate commercial volume. No?

4. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    No, I don't think so. The outfits that sell these bogus cures have to be extremely careful to not cause any side effects, so basically they sell placebos that consist of innocuous vitamins and minerals. They usually include a life-style program that would in and of itself be resposible for all the results one might experience.

Is amazing that there is no Federal overview of these things since they are not classified as drugs, but rather lumped in with foods.

It's really sad that the lesser educated, and therefore usually less affluent fall for these scams.

5. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Not on cable and satellite!

6. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Glad they are staying up with the times........... who watches over the air anymore?

7. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    When I was in high school I worked for an "in-bound" telemarketing call center. Mega-loss 2000 was one of the most popular items people called about. The company even had a set up for those w/o credit cards (which was the majority) to automatically debit their checking accounts. I lasted about three weeks before I could not take it anymore. Guess what the key ingredient was..... "non-fiber cellulose" SAWDUST

rampante550 likes this.
  8. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

HAHAHAHAHA!

9. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Horsefly:

U R right. After reading that one, who needs Smiling Bob? It gives us all a new ideal to shoot for!

10. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    subway ads.

it's hard to explain to a bunch of yanks, but these overly americanised adverts are bad enough by themselves, but that's not why i hate them.

every ad is about how everything is fresh and prepared right in front of you. the couple times i've been in there, they've had little buckets of pre-measured amounts that they put on a bun and stick in the microwave, just like hungry jacks (burger king).

i first began hating them a couple years back with that whole set of commercials where a subway dude would walk into other "restaurants" and ask the people behind the counter "did you pick that carrot? i don't think so, farmer brown."

hypocrisy is unforgivable. i went into one and ordered a steak sub. once it was prepared i asked "did you kill that cow?", she said no of course, so i said, "nah, i think i'll get some mcdonalds, thanks." and left. :D

11. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I'm starting to hate all of the Dodge ads, the Starbucks ad with the quartet singing in the cubicles of the office, the line-dancing Pepto ad, and the hot dog ad with the guy standing behind a grill talking about stuff that has nothing to do with hot dogs.

12. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I have not been in a Subway in about 4 years. The last time I was there I was in line and the "sandwich artist" had his shirt half unbuttoned and his fingers sticking out of his gloves. I left and have never been back.

13. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    DiTech home loans - Please make it stop.

Homevesters w/ Ug the Caveman - how stupid can you get?

14. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Are ad agencies really clueless or does "cheese" really work with most consumers? Ad writers and producers should be forced to watch their ads at least 50 consecutive times. If they don't barf, then the commercial passes the "ad nauseum" test.

KevFla

15. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    walk through any "international" food court in a mall, there's always a massive line at the multi-national junk food places, so i guess until that stops, the same ads will keep going.

16. JonBrent

JonBrent Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Heaven on Earth
    Full Name:
    JB
    #41 JonBrent, Aug 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    rampante550 likes this.
  17. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed