Another 3.2 QV question.... | FerrariChat

Another 3.2 QV question....

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Il Steeg, Apr 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Steeg

Il Steeg Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

..since you guys aced my last one...

I'm taking out the ultra-modern, blue tooth, CD head unit that came in my 1988, and replacing it with a period correct Pioneer unit. The newer unit was wired in nicely - definitely NOT a 'hack' job (the newer Pioneer's wires are the same colors as the old one I'm putting in), and I should have no problems connecting A to A and B to B, etc., with the older one I'm installing.

With one exception...

One the old unit I'm installing, there's a fused orange wire that says it should be connected to a positive line that's always 'on,' i.e. one that is NOT turned on/off by the ignition switch.

I've done a reasonable amount of digging/looking through that small DIN-sized opening into the bowels of the central tunnel, and I'm not finding a loose wire in there that correspond to "always on."

Is there one of those in the central tunnel? And if so, what color is it?

It worked before, so I'll say it again... Help me, Obi-Wans... You're my only hope!

2. Il Steeg

Il Steeg Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Whoops.. False alarm... I think I've got it figured out... Must have been too many contact adhesive fumes... I'll open a door and get some fresh air before I post again... Thanks anyway...

3. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Pero and StuR like this.
  4. Il Steeg

Il Steeg Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Thanks for the info. She's all hooked up and is working nicely.

5. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong