Another 355 Scam? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Another 355 Scam?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Theo, Sep 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355flyer

355flyer Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2004
    Gadsden, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Andy Entrekin
    Always somebody out to make a quick buck....

2. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Wow...very interesting thread...what an absolute nightmare!

3. vref

vref Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    1 Hr North of Housto
    Full Name:
    Jim
    This isn't even a good scam, who with one ounce of sense would send a $80K car on these terms. PLEASE.

My rule is; NEVER buy a Ferrari that you don't touch.

In case you want me to ship you the car right now you have to make me a payment of $5000 (and after you receive and inspect the car you have to send me the rest of the money). The inspection period is 5 days. (Once again, the balance is expected after the 5 day inspection period by certified check)

4. 355flyer

355flyer Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2004
    Gadsden, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Andy Entrekin
    Amen. Even when I buy a car from a distance I firm up everything and then either fly myself or airlines to personally approve the car and make proper signatures. You will NEVER be dissapointed if it is done that way.

5. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Where did that Mugu learn such impeccable english? :D

6. Paintshield

Paintshield Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2004
    Grantham UK
    Full Name:
    Tom Wakeford
    Thats a very good question, I can tell you that this guy allegedly is up for a scam exceeding one million dollars (according to the D.A's office).

Clearly it can be done in such a way, that people will send the money (would not be me I can tell you).

Having met this guy he was very smooth and plausible and it would be easy to see how he could persuade people to wire him the cash.

The webcims data base shows 6 class c felonies over $50,000 and one class E felony scheme to defraud.

Lots of years in lock up if they run consecutively :)

Happy New year