Another Dino on BAT | FerrariChat

Another Dino on BAT

Discussion in '206/246' started by Skippr1999, Feb 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ken Ivey

Ken Ivey Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2013
    Portland, OR, USA
    Full Name:
    Ken Ivey
    I've been thinking about selling my '73 GTS - it will be interesting to see how this one does on BAT. It may be a good venue.

2. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

its a great venue

3. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Anyone else notice this car had 30,200 miles in 1988 according to Massini report and currently shows 25,600 miles ?

TheMayor and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

BAT is great but a lot of the people on the auctions have little to no market knowledge and additionaly there are a lot of dealers on there who happen to
    Be friends of the dealer trying to pump the prices because they are affiliated with the seller. I like the platform but I’m not sure it’s better than a regular auction site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    What I like about BAT vs a regular auction is that it gives a potential bidder time to make a decision and bid more wisely. The auctions are long enough that one can go see a car and potentially drive it. Knowledgeable enthusiasts can chime and in blog about the car to give a bidder some valuable knowledge.

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    We found a time machine and went back to 1980!

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

What’s interesting about this sells guy is that he just sold the 512TR for 141k, that car was at fantasy junction near SF for 185; didn’t sell. One of our members inquired about it and got cursed at& I got called a troll on there for calling their BS. Now I’m not the most diplomatic on BAT but I would recommend always a PPI when possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    fun to watch this ending

363K final

9. Neelfryer

Neelfryer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2017
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    John
    plus the 5k fee

10. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Looks market correct. I wonder what the real story is on the mileage ?

11. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    There is an error in the history of record. This will be corrected. Human error from back in the day when people didn’t track things like we do today.

Shawn

Skippr1999 and Texas Forever like this.
  12. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Unless you're able to see the car being offered in person in advance of auction close, buying on BaT is like going on a blind date. You have no idea what kind of personalty she/he has or how high maintenance they are until you meet in person. I'm always surprised when I see people ponying up multiple $100k's for something they haven't had a chance to inspect in person or through a trusted friend. I've bid on several BaT cars and have always felt queasy when bidding passes the $100k mark.

13. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Shawn - was this one of yours?

14. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Are the Massini reports usually that short for Dinos? And, how much is such a report?

15. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Nope.

Not my car, nor has ever been mine.

We obsess about info today, because it is so easy to verify.

Back in the day, when NO ONE GAVE A DARN, some obsessive people pumped everyone for every bit of detail. These amazing people kept records. The fact ANYONE CARED that much way back when is amazing. However, as much as recording was awesome for us today, there are errors that occurred.

This isn’t something weird, just a recording related to a Dino that isn’t the subject Dino.

Shawn

16. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn

I can’t speak for what Marcel does or charges for each vehicle.

What I can say is, Marcel is an AMAZING PERSON.

I am not paying/receiving anything from Marcel for that comment.

His memory and knowledge base is unlike anything I have ever seen, regardless of topic.

As for Dino’s, this isn’t what Marcel talks about, but he was one of the founding members of the first Dino clubs. In period.

Marcel is a Dino person.

His files are amazing, but Dino stuff falls into the more production stuff, just like anything made after the 60’s.

Shawn

cnpapa24 likes this.
  17. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Error by BaT, owner(s) or Marcel ?

18. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Hmm. Why were the responses to my questions so defensive?

My first question wasn't whether the "error" was Shawn's (or even about the "error"), but whether the particular Dino had been one of Shawn's - I asked because this Dino apparently was from Texas. I do not understand why the response to my first question morphed into the following:

"We obsess about info today, because it is so easy to verify.
    Back in the day, when NO ONE GAVE A DARN, some obsessive people pumped everyone for every bit of detail. These amazing people kept records. The fact ANYONE CARED that much way back when is amazing...."

And then, when I simply asked about whether Masinni reports on Dinos are usually that short and how much they cost, I then got a response that suggests I was attacking Marcel's knowledge - "His memory and knowledge base is unlike anything I have ever seen, regardless of topic."

Now, if I had been a poster who challenged the legitimacy of BAT, or of Marcel Masinni, I could understand such responses.

To set the record straight - I asked two simple questions, and neither question challenged anyone's knowledge, competency, or sincerity, yet somehow it appears that I managed to offend Shawn.

If that is they way it was interpreted by some, oh well.

19. robo330

robo330 Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Michigan USA
    Full Name:
    Karl Robertson
    I believe the car brought $363,000... right?

20. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    368k all in

21. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Well, I was that poster, but not attempting to "challenge the legitimacy of BAT, or of Marcel..."
    I merely asked, out of curiosity, a clarification for stated "error in the history", but...

22. jameslloyd285

jameslloyd285 Rookie

Mar 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    James Lloyd285
  23. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    The red car . . . oh my.

24. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    #25 swift53, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    It is a George Barris Kustom, don't tell anybody! Good Luck James!

Regards, Alberto

375+ likes this.