Another Ferrari Turned Worthless | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Another Ferrari Turned Worthless

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 3POINT8, Jun 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    Looking forward to the next 10K!

2. Evo X

Evo X Karting

Jun 16, 2018
    Chicago
    I passed 19k on my 2013 458 this week. :D

Shipped it from Chicago to California to do a Pacific Coast Highway road trip back in March. Loved every minute.

The enjoyment I experience with this machine far outweighs any depreciation.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

mdrums, Jo Sta7, Dorin Candea and 7 others like this.
  3. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    Depreciation?......Depreciation?.........Where we are going, there's NO depreciation!!!!!!!!!

Dorin Candea likes this.
  4. Dorin Candea

Dorin Candea Rookie

Oct 10, 2018
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dorin Candea
  5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    But what about in rain....and both ways? :eek: Let's not get crazy. :)

6. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    Barely broken in. You have half a tank of fuel. Keep racking up those miles and keep a smile on your face.
    With all of the bad news daily, you can get in your beautiful car and drive.

Dorin Candea likes this.
  7. Dorin Candea

Dorin Candea Rookie

Oct 10, 2018
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dorin Candea
    My wife has 12,500 miles in her Cali
    She does not sweat it at all -:)

mdrums likes this.
  8. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    350MH83 likes this.
  9. milanojess

milanojess Karting

Nov 26, 2007
    sf bay area
    All it needs now is one more zero ;) happy driving!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Dorin Candea likes this.
  10. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #85 Ash Patel, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    Agree I'v never seen so many threads on this topic and it seems more common in US for some reason. Here is a pic of my second 458 last year before I blew the AC compressor pushing it hard as hell up to 300 km/h reaching almost 90 000 km (89 990 km in the pic to be specific). This is my second 458 that I've pushed hard on roads and some tracks over 90 000 km now, big costs involved was a new AC compressor and now new rotors (all 4), but this is a part of the game you have to play ;)

Maybe we are seeing the phenomena that some (off course not all that owners that don't drive these) can afford to buy these cars but not to drive them except to cars and coffee which I would personally never attend as these cars are not (for me at least) a show off thing to bring to car shows, but to drive hard and get the wonderful sometimes religious emotions and moments out of them.

I mean 10 000 miles, that's a minimum I do in a couple of months in any of my cars, Ferrari, Lambo etc. There was also a Pista thread with the subject of putting 2300 miles on it, I mean c'mon: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/2300-miles-in-a-pista.622393/

11. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    mdrums and G. Pepper like this.
  12. RMSK

RMSK Rookie

Jul 31, 2020
    Louisville
    Full Name:
    RMSK
    I just bought a new 812 Superfast about 2 weeks ago and already have almost 400 miles on the clock. Man that is what it was built for to drive.

tomc likes this.
  13. Dorin Candea

Dorin Candea Rookie

Oct 10, 2018
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dorin Candea
  14. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Just past 3000 miles only 2019 488GTB. Once the weather gets better I will be driving it more and by years end probably have 5k miles on it. I will probably do around 5-7k miles a year or to me it is not worth owning.

15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I have heard many wise things said by many wise people about different things. You father, is amongst the wisest as it encompasses daily living human things with our passion for engineering marvels that live in our cars as if they too are living with us. I love your words and I am asking for your permission to keep your father's wisdom alive by sharing this with my friends.

To many more miles of the seemingly soon to be ending passion of ours... ICE

16. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Bryan,

You’re very kind, thank you so much. Please feel free.

Wish you many miles of happiness behind the wheel in good health.

Kindest regards,

Nuno.

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. OmegaPO8500

OmegaPO8500 Rookie

Sep 19, 2014
    Worth less on trade? Sure. But far from worthless. Enjoy that beauty!

18. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    I am the third owner of my 13 458 Spyder.

First owner bought to then get what they really wanted, so a spec car as all the boxes were checked.

Second owner drove her about 1000 miles a year. So I picked it up in March of this year with 8200 miles.

Since March I have put 4200 miles on her and almost daily drive her. It makes going to the gym an event. So over 12000 and counting. As other posted wrote. She is paid for with no plans to sell.

Looking to add an f12 and 720s to the garage given their current values. Just need the economy to stabilize a bit before we get crazy on super cars.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tomc, buddyg and G. Pepper like this.
  19. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    Every time somebody posts to this thread, and my browser highlights the title, it brings a smile to my face. Drive and enjoy your cars for who knows what tomorrow brings.

AD211, GT2goneF, Rexcat458 and 5 others like this.
  20. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Between yesterday and this morning I put a years worth of miles on my 488GTB around Tampa/Clearwater... 527 miles.... well maybe that is 2 years worth for some people.

21. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Most miles I ever did in a day in a Ferrari was 900 something in my 360. Wanted to do 1,000 miles the last day of my vacation, but miscalculated and got home a few miles short. Did NOT feel like taking a few laps around the neighborhood. :)

22. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Impressive. About 300 miles in 1 day is our max in the Cali, and 600 miles in a weekend are our records...T

G. Pepper and mdrums like this.
  23. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Yeah...I drove over to a car meet Saturday morning in Lakeland...almost mid state then a friends house then back to Tampa....then down to Clearwater to eat and around and then I went out for around 75-100 miles this morning.

Most miles I have done in 1 day was when I picked it up at the dealer in Ft. Lauderdale and drove back home (in the rain...yep!) to north west Tampa...about 5hr drive.

I use to drive my Porsche GTS and GT3 up to Barber Motorsports Park for weekend track events...9 hrs 1 way. For my job I drive around 35k miles a year...so no biggie.

G. Pepper and tomc like this.
  24. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Whilst I am a massive fan of driving long distances and adding miles to a great car.

I am not a fan of driving a car like a 488 around town as I just don’t really enjoy it as a commuting vehicle. Nor do I like driving a GT3 RS around town either.

It’s all about horses for courses.

I did 20,000kms in my F12 in 18 months and I didn’t even living the car. It was in a storage facility in Europe for when I travelled over there. Now they were some of the best memories of my life..... never have I had so much fun.

I did 15,000 miles in my 991 TTS in 2 years around LA and it was perfect for this.

Now my daily is an Aston and I find it more comfortable and suitable for daily driving.

If you have a destination and some amazing roads then then I say choose the 458, 488, Pista or F8 every single time and drive the Sh1tt out it!

71Satisfaction and G. Pepper like this.
  25. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That is a drop dead gorgeous car!

I've done my epic vacation in the 360, but I'll keep it forever for the mountain roads here in Colorado and the Hill Country in Texas. What I want is another 456M for a GT, but with a manual instead of an automatic this time. Those two and the Raptor - which has a wicked fun paddle shift system - and I'd be pretty well set. Then it's time for more motorcycles! I have 65 acres of valley up here, and nothing other than grasses and scrub grow, so it would be perfect for that.