(another) Low-mileage 3.2 Cab on BaT | FerrariChat

(another) Low-mileage 3.2 Cab on BaT

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Mark C Harvey, Jan 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    It is probably worth buying for the Kinesis (forged?) wheels, those would have been expensive in their day, probably custom done if the offsets are correct. I like the stock wheels generally best on most cars, but the white car looks pretty good with black wheels.

Interior redyed after the low miles, repainted as well, hard life for a 16,000 mile car, maybe it sat outside for a long time, never seen a shifter knob crack like that, maybe sun exposure? But it is very well described and photographed, so kudos to the seller to lay it all out there. It should find a home with a handy enthusiast.

2. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    If it finds a buyer at more than $30k it is a testament only to the attractiveness/design of the car itself. Honestly I don’t think it should even break 25; and only then if one is a dedicated DIYer. Granted the white-on-white is a terrific combo here and I’m normally NOT a fan of white exteriors. BUT re-dyed AND re-painted (non-original colors I’m sure!!) Seller himself notes several gremlins AND need of a major. No mention of any type of service/service history that I can recall. Anyone here think that there won’t be several thousands of $$/“while you are in theres”? Dated tires (more than 10 y.o.) too. The list can go on.

Temple

sixcarbs likes this.
  3. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I agree. I don't think the bids will break $25 on this one. Needs too much that can be seen, let alone what is hidden. But could be a great value to a DIY'er.

4. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  5. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    High bid was $23,000. Reserve not met.

It needed a lot for a 16,000 mile example.

I think that number was just about fair, I had said $25,000.

6. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    My mother said that I shouldn't say anything about this one.... ;)

7. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    The seller is *****************...If they believed in it, it would have been on eBay for $75k.

8. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    The White 3.2 is Merlin? I had no idea. I thought all of their Mondials were $75,000 and up.

9. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    The seller is the second "luxury expert." Maybe part of her personal collection? - https://www.*******************/staff.htm

10. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    They probably offered you $33K for your car and would have listed it for $65,000.

alexion likes this.
  11. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Wow! it seriously has some usage wear/marks and the paintwork is just horrible. IMHO 23k they should have let it go. There is a lot to do on this Mondial. I wonder if the white interior is the color when it was sold new. I'm not a fan of white leather after the movie Reservoir Dogs. It stains :)

12. Clnilsen

Clnilsen Karting

Jan 14, 2012
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Chuck Nilsen
    I was very interested in this one - perfect year / color for me - but digging into the history it's been up and down the east coast "exotic" car dealers chain like a bad virus. WAY too many unknowns on this one for me, which kind of bummed me out.