Another MAF related question | FerrariChat

Another MAF related question

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by jal, Sep 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jal

jal Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2009
    MA.
    Full Name:
    John
    So a 2.5 motronic unit (t) with lumpy idle. Adjusted throttle air bypass to be equal (vacuum) Exhaust smells rich so tried to get O2 sensors to give me a good value (between .1 to .9) WHILE adjusting the MAF screw which I set initially at 383 ohms each. Did test with O2 wire coming from exhaust with warm engine (open loop)I was expecting a change in the values corrisponding to turning screw but to my disappointment NO evidence of a relationship. The O2 sensors are new. What am I Missing??Can the Stooges chime in?
    Just as a reference I was never happy with the way the idle was and after driving it for 5 years (barely 5000miles) I did a major and returned exhaust to OEM. The idle was so low that I had to mess with the air bypass on the throttle bodies which brings me back to the above question. Oh yes the cams 1-4 were just off the mark and I fixed that.

2. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Have you checked your fuel pressure and had your injectors cleaned/inspected for leaks?

3. jal

jal Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2009
    MA.
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks for the suggestion. No have not yet as the engine pulls strong and I was trying other things first