Another “sticky” thread. | FerrariChat

Another “sticky” thread.

Discussion in '612/599' started by Patrnflyr, Apr 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patrnflyr

Patrnflyr Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    I’m finally starting to have issues with my car and will get them fixed ASAP. It’s the lock and unlock buttons and the fuel tank cap release and trunk release at this time. Everything else look great. The question I have here is which company? A friend of mine with a Lambo sent his switches to one company and the work was very sub par by his standards (and mine). The owner says he can’t be responsible for shipping issues but it doesn’t look like it’s a shipping issue. He wouldn’t even offer to redo the work. The other company that I see here has a “Banned” bar underneath his name. I’ve done countless searches worded many different ways and can’t find any info about this. Either it comes back no records found or it’s all over 10 years old. Could someone please PM me the info (the real scoop) so I don’t make the same mistake. I’d just like to keep this off the threads so it doesn’t become a shouting match. Thank you, in advance, for your help.
    John

2. a/d/s

a/d/s Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    U.S,
    I was not comfortable disassembling the many parts that went sticky, so I read from a Porsche owner that used alcohol and cotton.

Well, it worked for me. My HGTE went sticky everywhere: the sides of the Carbon Fiber seats, the upper and lower cover for the levers around the steering wheel, the A/C control, window controls, everything. I got a quote for nearly $7,000 to get it fixed, so I decided to give it a try with the alcohol and cotton method and the help of my best friend.

Everything worked perfectly, except the following: the A/C background where the controls are lost the white letters, and the headlights switched turned medium Grey, as it is a Grey part painted (coated) in Black. The end result was perfect otherwise.

I got tire of Black oily residue under my nails every time I took the car out.

Give it a try in one control.

3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I was going to recommend Dave rocks to you and was shocked to see he is now banned.

Don't mean to derail your thread Patrnflyr, but does anyone know what happened?

4. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    there is only one choice when getting your sticky parts refinished. StickyRx is the only company I will ever use again. Dave did all the parts in my 430 and the quality and craftsmanship is beyond perfection. You will not find a more anal or passionate person doing this type of work. He constantly invests in new equipment and technologies making his process the best.

Potenza430 and Skidkid like this.
  5. Patrnflyr

Patrnflyr Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    That’s essentially what I was trying to find out without asking it directly. The friend with the Lambo went to the other place and said “no more” so he’s now going to RX

6. Bruce

Bruce Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2004
    I agree with Ferris. Dave did the sticky parts on my 355 and I couldn't be more pleased. Expensive, but worth it, in my opinion. Besides top notch work, Dave is available seemingly at any time to answer any questions you may have. I found the removal and reinstallation of the parts, while frustrating at times, to be rewarding in its own way. Good luck.

7. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano

John,

John, StickyRx is the best in the business, bar none. Dave is a consummate professional and a gentleman. You won’t find anyone who is more particular about the details as Dave. StickyRx has done the work on two of my cars and their work is perfection. Not sure why there is a “Banned” bar under his name on this forum but clearly it must be some sort of technical glitch going on. Anyway I would recommend StickyRx without reservation. Feel free to call me at 973-768-0824 for any more info.

Best,
    Tom

8. Patrnflyr

Patrnflyr Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    Thank you for all the responses. Sticky Rx is it...

9. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    If your referring to us, as your thread indicates, you may want to ask your "friend" to clarify what was said. You made a statement in your first post that the company did not offer to redo the work. Although not often, but ANYTIME we have EVER had an issue with parts we offer to pay for expedited shipping BOTH ways and redo the work for free as a rush service. EVERYTIME!!!! That has been our standard for over 10 years. So whoever told you we did not offer to redo the work, has not told you the truth. I am the only one who answers calls for SNM. Just wanted to make this clarification. We have customers all over the world and have accounts with most dealers and shops in the US, we didn't get that way by doing sub par work. We certainly are not perfect and make mistakes from time to time, but we stand behind our product and work and customer service is our #1 priority. Thanks, Robbie

10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I can't speak to why on earth Dave was banned, though one thing I can say for certain is that it has nothing to do with the quality of his work. I sent Dave every piece on my 355 (whether they needed refinishing or not) and the parts were done incredibly well. My car received 100 points at the Cavallino Classic in January, in some part due to Dave's work. Don't waste your time or money with others. Just get it done right once by Dave and move on.

11. Patrnflyr

Patrnflyr Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    I have my answer. Thanks for the replies and let’s just have this thread slowly drift away...