Another word that should be banned....... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Another word that should be banned.......

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by chrlsstyles, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

risotto = Italian rice

2. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    u r wise beyond your years, grasshopper.

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    OK, I'm back.

Actually, I disagree with you Tetsuo. I think a clean board can be a lot of fun. Think back to last year. It was all about the cars and the drives and the hookups, etc., etc. Think about the rest of the board today - great commentary, interesting posts, terrific tid bits of information gleaned, all of which is done is an positive and non-abrasive manner. IMO, a clean board is FAR from boring. When the topic turns to what really matters - the cars - rather than dealing with all the negativity, thats actually when the fun begins.

Keep in mind Tetsuo that face-to-face interaction with a small group of individuals that know each other well is very different than posting on a public domain website like FChat. As noted by other users, there are young kids, new owners, lurkers who are deciding whether to join or not, etc., etc. - all of these individuals make their decision based on what they see on this board. We need to extend to them - and each other for that matter - a level of courtesy that makes them WANT to participate.

The thing that I find fascinating is why we are making such a big deal about being nice, and not using profane and insulting language - if you want to relax and have a casual conversation about "whateverz" in the manner in which you want, then you have a whole other board to do so. Why not "do your thing" there, but then respect the rules and regulations when you visit here. Seems like the best of both worlds to me, no?

I'm sorry you feel that way. Hopefully Prugna 328 and W00dEar know the decision was not personal. The actions were taken only after repeated warnings, and were done in consultation with the moderators.

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore

I have no problem with airing differences of opinion Bruce - I actually think it is one of the things that makes this board interesting. I DO have a problem with doing it in a manner that is offensive, insulting and against the rules of this board - not only between the parties involved, but also to those that participate in the NYTS forum. Especially when those rules were aired and discussed ad naseum today.

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Hubert, no surprise that you think the ban is unfair. As Noah said, if the words you mentioned truly are being used consistently in a derogatory manner, do the right thing and point it out to us. I promise to be more vigilent myself. This seems to be a position that Rob Lay also agrees with, but feel free to take it up directly with him.

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I'd note one final thing for now: it is pretty easy for the mods to see if a banned user is using an alias - ie, logging in to FChat with another username. I'd hope both users banned today respect their 5-day bans. Logging in under an alias will automatically lead to a permanent ban - no exceptions.

Thx.

7. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
  8. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    YOU ARE GAY??????

9. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    I think everyone needs to take a break and go enjoy the weekend at lime rock. life is way too short. enjoy it.

10. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    I'm very disappointed with this thread, seems the ban was too fast. I was reading a thread in Southern California where Matteo directly called Patrick Shim stupid and some other things. Hmm Let me find it.

Pat,

You need to shut up and stop posting your crap.

First off, ALL cell companies are mandated by the CPUC to have all cell 911 calls go to CHP. Reason you ask? well CHP is the only Law enforemcent agency that services the WHOLE state. WTF is OPD's number going to do while you are in SM sucking up to some skirt that wont drop her panties for you? Call 411 and get the local police number?
    If anything, Sprint should sue you for being an idiot.

Ok now this comes from another fchatter..Darth550 slamming Patrick on the same thread

***ATTENTION WHORE CAN'T HANDLE ATTENTION***

Maybe you can resurrect Charlie Bronson to star in your sad saga.

Now another Fchatter comes to help Patrick

Darth, did I miss something? Why are you riding this guy? Why isn't Pat allowed to start a thread? People have responded to his questions and his post seems reasonable, so what gives? Why are you jumping in here? What purpose does it serve? Why don't you just ignore it if you don't like it?

What am I missing?

And Darth again....

Pretty much everything.

When somebody else starts a sophomoric thread and then doesn't like the reaction, then perhaps they should be the one who reaps the benefit of your misguided opinion?

My whole point is that there is no consistancy here about banning people. I'm not quoting Darth550 and Matteo to get them in trouble or anything, I like both of them, I'm just using this as an example.

Chris brought up a point of discussion and the other guys are just being mean. So who deserves the ban?

11. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    agreed, there is no wireless internet up there :)

12. lupe

lupe Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Wow! Not good. what is going on.

13. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    John, it seems you are responding to this thread in isolation. There have been a number of threads / issues evolving all day that have led up to the ban. Please take a review of all of them - it will help with the context.

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I had left this thread open for people to voice their opinions to the actions taken against two members of the FChat community.

It seems this issue has been put to rest. And so has the thread. Locked.

If people have further issues they'd like to discuss on this topic, I'd ask that they PM me. Otherwise, lets move on.

Best.