another | FerrariChat

another

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bundas, Jan 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    another chop top arrived today, i should have s/n now, hope tomorrow will do. been negotiating for six months. rough car, photos will post.

2. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    rh steer needs paint rust bubbles at bottom of broken windshield. new, cheap interior, new power top. all guages switches work. spedo replaced. mileage unknown mfg. 1981 this car was one of 12 open top conversions by autokraft for dealer H R Owens. car was owned by Pete Townsend of WHO group. that and $5 will get a small cup of coffee. i have not driven on interstate. one tire is ugly

3. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks for the update. When this was discussed on FChat in 12/07, the poster described it as having engine rebuilt by Ferrari of Costa Mesa and $6,000 of new upholstery.

4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    RE: the interior...

Goes to show you can spend a lot of money to look cheap. eh? :)

5. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    yes it has a 6000- new interior and looks just like a 6000 interior would look. needed a $25000 interior, there is a difference. motor was used replacement.

6. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    #6 Ashman, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
    Wow, $25K for a good interior redo? There is a lot of leather in there (no "leather seating surfaces") but that still blows me away. Another reason to preserve your existing leather with Lexol or whatever your leather treatment of choice!

Sort of a new twist on 400i prices (autos at least): Pay for the interior, get the car for free!