Anti Virus software............ | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anti Virus software............

Discussion in 'Technology' started by kizdan, Jun 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Agreed. I used to do a ~yearly evaluation of all commercial AV products but Avira kept winning year after year so I stopped looking and have now run it successfully for years with no issues whatsoever. One of my main criteria was that the AV still give me flexibility in how threats are handled, instead of hijacking the entire machine like Norton does. That's one of Avira's biggest advantages and why I run it on every Winduhs machine I take care of. Even the free version offers great protection and plenty of user options.

However, it's best to not rely on one single app to protect your machine(s). I keep Spyware Blaster, Spybot Search & Destroy, and Malwarebytes Anti-malware installed as well.

2. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Again, agree with everything John wrote, especially the above.

3. GermanyBound

GermanyBound Rookie

Feb 4, 2015
    Symantec Antivirus was what we used at LANL and I hated it. I now avoid it, Norton and McAfee. For friends and family, I suggest Avira, AVG and to a lesser extent, Bitdefender.

4. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
  5. moodie

moodie Rookie
    BANNED

Oct 3, 2016
    I think some free apps/software are great but all free antivirus software is never.
    I can't totally kill any virus, Trojan with free vers, even AVG, avast, McAfee....

6. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
  7. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    The CIA comments appear to be a bit dated. I would love to hear about their success/failure with the Windows 10 file system along with its Defender anti-malware application.

8. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Bitdefender. I also like the virtual web browser (Safeplay) that cannot be password keystroke hacked when visiting your financial websites... I have been using it for over 5 years now w/o issue.

9. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Interesting...

"Regardless of where users are or how they are connected to the target server Safepay isolates the browser from the operating system environment and can create a fully encrypted connection with the end destination, he said."

Bitdefender Safepay offers secure browsing for online banking, shopping | PCWorld