Antigravity battery on 458 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Antigravity battery on 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by csteve, Jun 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Beez

Beez Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 22, 2016
    ^ Patrick, did you do the battery reset procedure outlined in the owner's manual? I thought I had saved a pic of that page but don't seem to have it right now

2. Patrick Hsieh

Patrick Hsieh Rookie

May 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Pat Shay
    I followed all those steps accordingly. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out.

3. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Well I was going to respond but thus pretty much sums it up succinctly :cool::cool:

4. Beez

Beez Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 22, 2016
    My next thought would be that a fuse got blown during install, but I don't have any experience about exactly how to look into that.

5. Patrick Hsieh

Patrick Hsieh Rookie

May 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Pat Shay
    Yeah it seems like a real possibility there. Thanks for your input.

6. v35

v35 Karting

May 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Connect the battery to the app and make sure the battery has enough volts in it to turn the engine over. Maybe you got a faulty battery with low voltage.

7. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    I'm a dealer for AG, call/text me 717-319-2100 today as I'm around and will help you.

Need4Spd likes this.
  8. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I assume you’re pushing hard enough on the brake to start it??

There are fuses located on the top the positive terminal of the battery cable. You can check that you didn’t inadvertently fry one when you placed the cable on the battery. You did put the positive terminal on first? Than the ground.

‘One thing to look at, it happened to me, is that you can get the cable weakly attached to the battery so it has enough power to light up the car but not to start it. Mine even went south after it started working. Vibrations loosened the connection. Went back in and noticed I had put the cable on a little skewed so it became loose after a few startups.

SV

Need4Spd likes this.
  9. lowmpg

lowmpg Rookie

Oct 7, 2022
    Full Name:
    Roger Hart
    Sounds like you got a defective AG battery. Contact LithiumMoto.com and they will exchange it for you with one of their H6 60Ah with wireless remote
    jumpstart batteries. They will send you a label to ship it.