ANY 1st Hand info on this Sbarro p4 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

ANY 1st Hand info on this Sbarro p4

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by msdesignltd, Jun 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Carbon.

In reply to the second part of your question (I presume you were referring to the original 308GTS, rather than the Sbarro P4) ....

Check this out: http://www.immo-agency.ch/SwissTeam/Voitures/Ferrari/Permis.jpg

(as also uploaded here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137080398&postcount=4 )

How does 23.07.79 sound ? Or is that the car's date of first registration ?

2. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    This is one long running Thread...
    I started it 4 years ago

3. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Not with 4 sparkplugs on one side

4. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    That eBay listing for the Sbarro Tipo P4 replica had been due to finish this evening:

Ferrari : Ferrari (note the slightly amended title)
    Buy It Now price: US $257,600.00
    End time: 14-Nov-07 18:45:34 GMT

I'd kept it on my eBay watching page, and the 'ending soon' automatic reminder email arrived in my inbox this afternoon.
    At that stage, there had been 4 offers made: 2 declined; 1 timed out, and another 'Pending'.
    So .... 10 minutes ago, I clicked on the eBay auction link .... and got this message:

Invalid Item: This Listing Is Unavailable

This listing (150175408977) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

That's unusual. eBay auction listings are usually visible (as history) for 90 days after an auction ends. Very strange ! :(

5. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Or maybe not. I just got a reply to an email I'd sent to the seller. :(
    Incredibly, on the 20th day of a 20-day listing, Ferrari's legal department acted to instruct eBay to remove the listing. Unbelievable !
    Perhaps some good news is that the seller claims he has received offers in excess of $100K for the car. Oh Yes, and 15,000+ views. :)

6. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #56 P4Replica, Nov 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I emailed the eBay seller, 'Christophe', and asked him if he'd mind sending me a CD of his original hi-res photos that he'd used in this and the previous eBay auction listings. He kindly obliged, and it arrived in today's post. There were over 50 hi-res images on the CD, mostly in 2592x1944 or 2784x1856 formats, with file sizes between 2.0MB and 3.7MB's each. If anybody wants any particular shots from the two sets of auction photos - or any others .... drop me a PM with your email address.

Carbon.
    Before you ask .... Yes - there were other shots of the engine compartment, but I couldn't see any stampings on the motor. :(
    But I did manage to crop this rather better close-up of the 'fake' Ferrari chassis plate out of one of the other photos. :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #57 P4Replica, Nov 16, 2007
    This is the chassis plate that the car appeared to be carrying back in 1986 (presumably in the same location) ....

Scanned from page 88 of Auto Motor und Sport issue N°10, May 1986 ....

8. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
  9. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #59 P4Replica, Dec 17, 2007
    Here's a scan of an earlier photo of Franco Sbarro, with his progeny, kindly emailed me by Francis Muller ('GIOTTO'):

10. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #60 P4Replica, Dec 17, 2007
    Francis also kindly emailed me this scan of an advert from an old magazine, that he found.

'Christophe Gaule', being the same person who has advertised the car for sale recently on eBay (on behalf of owner Albert Eggs).
    Looking at the asking price of (only) $100,000 in this old advert, I would suspect they have been trying to sell the car for 'a few' years.

11. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #61 P4Replica, Dec 21, 2007
    Well perhaps if you guys didn't keep emailing me all this good stuff .... :rolleyes:

I'd already flagged this link to a previous advertisment by 'Swiss Team Salamin', in my post #4 on the first page:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137080398&postcount=4

.... so when Francis Muller ('GIOTTO') kindly emailed me this (slightly different) link, this morning:

http://www.swissteamsalamin.ch/ferrari/car_tech_ferrari.htm .... I was about to say: 'Nah - seen it before'. ;)

But it isn't the same advert. It's another one. Many of the small 'library' images and scan of the registration document are the same ....
    .... but there are also 4 additional (again obviously 'library images') larger photos of the car - but for once, showing license plates fitted.

Asking price is still the same €100,000 Euros, though ....