Any 2 tone 488/458 Spider Pics | FerrariChat

Any 2 tone 488/458 Spider Pics

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Cmazza, Jan 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cmazza

Cmazza Karting

Jul 13, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have been seeing more 2 tone specs with the 488 gtb with black roof on yellow and white paint. If I get a 488 gtb allocation, I have decided to go with white and gloss black roof. If I get allocation for a Spider, not sure if I would do the same. Does anyone have any pics of 2 tone spiders they can post?

2. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    I nearly ordered my white coupe with a black roof but decided to do a wrap instead as it saves about 14k. I'm getting a spider in the late summer or fall and the black roof doesn't look right on the dealer configurator.

3. hamad488

hamad488 Karting

Nov 11, 2015
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Hamad
    same goes for me, almost ordered mine with black roof but i decided to wrap it so if didnt look good i will just take it out

4. F430kenric

F430kenric Formula 3

Mar 27, 2011
    #4 F430kenric, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Very nice kenric is that rosso maranello? What color did you ultimately go with on the 488 gtb?

6. headhunter1

headhunter1 Rookie

Sep 2, 2015
  7. 458oz

458oz Guest

Aug 14, 2006
    I'm sorry but the 458 is just so beautiful

8. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I love black roof on 458, 488, and laf

9. Cmazza

Cmazza Karting

Jul 13, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I like the black roof (gloss) on the coupe, not sure about the spider hence the reason I started this thread to see if anyone did so on the spider. The lines of the coupe work well with a 2 tone combination. It's difficult to tell on the spider with the configurator rendering to go by.

10. thebomdigidy

thebomdigidy Rookie

Oct 8, 2015
    Headhunter is that a wrap or paint on the roof?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. F430kenric

F430kenric Formula 3

Mar 27, 2011
    #11 F430kenric, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It's Rosso Mugello. Thank you. I don't know yet on 488. Thinking Blu Elettrico, but don't know yet on the interior. Will be in Italy in Feb to spec my 488 out.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

bwshihtzu likes this.
  12. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Ive seen black roof on spider. Not as good as coupe but still better than std. Sorry but no pix though

13. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    very cool look :)

14. F430kenric

F430kenric Formula 3

Mar 27, 2011
    Thanks.

15. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Google '2 tone 458 spider pics' and see red, yellow, and white ones with black roofs. I would go 2 tone on coupe or spider

16. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Looks really good..

17. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    I disagree big time. The reason it looks so good on the coupe is the glass bonnet blends well with the black roof and give it a uniform line. With the spider the roof is black and the a pillars but the rear is body color so it makes the roof line look short and really weird IMO. I'm surprised they even offer it on the spider. My dealer agreed and said he would strongly discourage getting two tone on the spider while it looks awesome on the coupe.

18. hamad488

hamad488 Karting

Nov 11, 2015
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Hamad
    +1

19. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    I think it looks good with white on coupe. Not so sure it looks good with every color. I think it breaks up the continuity of the car in red for example as does the carbon rocker panels ..

20. Cmazza

Cmazza Karting

Jul 13, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I searched some 2 tone spider pics on Google. I agree with other posters that it does not work as well on the spider. I am still waiting for a coupe or spider allocation. My dealer called me yesterday and I was hopeful for some good news. He called to ask if I would be interested in attending a showing event for the new Aston Martin db 11 in a few months. I guess that means I am not that high on the list. Life is good though, still enjoying my 458 spider especially with this gorgeous south Florida weather.

21. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I like it on white coupes.

22. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Greetings...I've been reading through all possible threads on the bicolor roof. I was hoping some others could help provide more detailed opinions about your thoughts regarding the bicolor black roof on this model. I am a bit torn to be honest. I am fully on board with the operating principle of "buy what makes you happy, not for the next person"--however it is hard to not also keep in mind the background concept of what happens in a few years should you want to change the model to another newer version and expect to sell it. It is a conundrum because usually we do think ahead and plan.
    I originally wanted to spec a red or yellow coupe with the black bicolor roof because I think it set it off a touch. I do love the pictures of all the shots I've seen. I know there's a lot of traditionalists out here (of which in general I am one) however when picking this sort of vehicle was looking for a unique idea. The vehicle in general is unique--which could be enough for me, but I also was considering the exterior and the offset of the two colors. I realize some don't find it their cup of tea, but I keep reading and recalling the following comments: "it will affect resale", "it is a fad", "will go out of style"--I don't mean it to sound bad, but that's sort of how I hear it. I could frankly love the unicolor or the bicolor options, but could many of you provide your more detailed feedback on this. It's really throwing me for a loop!
    I'm also in the middle of struggling with the usual issue (albeit related to the above) of picking between these two colors in general for the exterior. I was just reading all the statements of "resale red" and again I don't want to plan for that--that's not how I have specced cars before. But if I do love both colors and can only have one, it is hard to not be swayed at least in though by the comments above. Despite being a traditionalist, I do love red but the yellow is so unique in its own right and just as stark of a color. Could you help provide more thoughts for me to bounce around in this consideration? I know there is an inherent bias of numbers since so many do intend to get a red vehicle (with obvious reason), and I am finding it hard to tease out if some of the thoughts against other colors or promoting the red is simply a bias of the red-vehicle owners or a more open thought process.
    Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

23. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I had my 488 roof wrapped with black. drove it for a few months and got sick of it, tore the wrap off. It cost like 300 bucks or so. Don't agonize over this decision. Just wrap it. Very inexpensive to do so and totally reversible.

95spiderman likes this.
  24. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  25. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW