Any BMW X5 Owners here ? | FerrariChat

Any BMW X5 Owners here ?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Wish, Aug 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wish

Wish Karting

May 21, 2005
    Kent
    Is there any X5 owners here. I know its a Ferrari site, but some might have one as there 2nd ride.
    Im looking in to getting one, but would like to know if there are any problems i should be aware of first.
    I would be looking at getting the later facelift Diesel model.

2. G7RYE

G7RYE Karting

Apr 26, 2005
    Ackworth
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Not fancy a Vogue TD6? I had one and my bro had an X5 (big petrol engine 4.4 I think) and was not a patch interior wise as the Rangey, there are now very affordable too........

3. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Same view here, unless you need it to be a good drive on the road (and probably that isn't the case if you have an Fcar!) then get a Rangey! Much more luxury and a very nice car too!

4. TTurbo

TTurbo Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Ponte Carlo
    I've got a 4.6is and to be honest can't fault it, for a big lump it's quick and really corners well.

It's the sort of vehicle that you can do 700 miles in a day and not feel knackered at the end of it.

I've not had any problems with mine (done 38k in it) and I'm not aware of any major faults.

The facelift diesels are quite sought after still so don't expect them to dropped in price that much.

5. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
  6. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a pre-facelift 4.4 sport which has been brilliant. Completely reliable, comfortable for long trips and difficult to fault. Nice ride quality too. The car's 3 years old now so we're going for a Range Rover Sport. Opinions vary greeatly on this car but a full RR is just too big for our needs. RR Sport is pretty much same size as the X5 (bigger boot though), and the Supercharged engine sounds fantastic! But you can't go wrong with the X5 - highly recommended

7. TTurbo

TTurbo Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Ponte Carlo
    I drove a Supercharged RR Sport a couple of months ago and was quite impressed with it until I checked the computer and found that it had done 8mpg!

My X5's not brilliant on gas (averages 17-18mpg) but I thought that was taking the pi$$.

8. tezza

tezza Guest

I have a face lift diesel. Great car, 23-25mpg, 0-60 in 8.6 secs and will cruise all day around 3 figures. Must admit I looked at the RR but fuel consumption and handling made me go for the X5 (agree with the comments on RR interior though, top quality!)

9. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    I hoping my wife is going to be too heavy with the right foot. Best not to think about these things too much I think

10. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    If you want great value for money, a car more capable than you need it to be, and looks good but without being in your face - XC 90 Exec is the kiddy - Love mine and would definately recommend them to everyone and will definately have another !!! nuf said.

Seb

11. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    you cant beat the japs for reliability and build quality

12. Robgvx

Robgvx Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    RobGvx
    #12 Robgvx, Aug 18, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm probably going to get laughed at here, but I considered an X5, but in fact have just ordered a Nissan Navara Aventura pickup. All the toys as standard (auto, voice activated sat nav, leather, heated seats, electric seats, voice activated Bluetooth phone, cruise, electric sunroof, climate control, MP3 player etc etc). About the only thing it hasn't got is reversing sensors.

5 seats of course.

About £24k. Get the VAT back so call it £20.5k. As a company vehicle you pay next to nothing in benefit in kind. It's a no brainer. What I save in tax alone compared to an X5 pays my Ferrari repayments and it drives almost like an X5.

Cool too, IMO.

http://www.nissan.co.uk/uk/navara/launch/index.html
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    I've had my RR sport supercharged for a couple of months and love it. Tried out the X5, Cayenne and Toreg but none of them had the "presence" that the RR sport had.

Overall fuel had been 14.5 mpg , longer trips clearly better than that.

14. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    if you want better buy a landcruiser amazon

15. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    and blandness !

Seb

16. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    RR all day best 4x4,the only good thing about the x5 is it corners better than the RR,just my view:D

17. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Unless you are fussy and want something with a bit of class !! :D :D

18. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    the only thing classy about a range rover is you get to know all the technicans and service manager very well
    buy a toyota and you will only see them once a year

19. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    dale people on here did listen to you before you got a ferrari but since it has come to everybodys attention that you are a garage queen owner they take what you say with a pinch of salt bet your car shivers when the lads eat fish/chips in the workshop it quivers in case it gets salt or grease on it

20. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    lol, does dale drive the range rover or does that keep the ferrari company in the garage, i'm with stevef, get a toyota, japcrap is always the best no problems with them

21. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    yes i use the rangie,keeps the ferrari in the dry:D

22. Modena Scotland

Modena Scotland Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    Scotland, UK
    Full Name:
    Mass
    Has anyone lowered the suspensions on the X5 for better road handling?

23. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    BMW did - they called it a 5 series :)

24. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name: