Any comments on this 458 price drop | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any comments on this 458 price drop

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Friar93, Apr 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DoubleD33

DoubleD33 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2012
    Pasadena, CA / Oahu, HI
    Full Name:
    Dan D
    Re Sticky Buttons,

there was a thread here a while back that has a link to a thesis that explained sticky buttons in great detail.

Summation as I recall was the UV inhibitors were lacking and the things needed to make it stable over time were also lacking.

Introducing them into the mixture was not that easy.

It basically stated nothing can be done to stop the degradation process.

2. tom nguyen

tom nguyen Rookie

Nov 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    tom n.
    I think this might be a same car at a Honda Dealer in Fullerton, California 6 months ago.

3. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    But seems doesn't happen to all since someone said no issue on a 2011? I will take the precautions I read in this thread and most likely wont own car for more than 2 years

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    With those miles and that rough interior, this 458 isnt even worth $160k. Find a better example.

ChipG likes this.
  5. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Leather has been abused in that car. Inner door panels are the worst I’ve seen. Steering wheel leather is considerably worn, buttons are all sticky. All the above can be restored, that’s not the issue, but it costs money. Not a car to command a premium.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

6. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    2014. No issues anywhere.

[​IMG]

LVP488 likes this.
  7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    citade just paid @ 170 for a 2500 mile nicely optioned 2013.

Cigarzman likes this.
  8. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    It is a little rough but this is cheap for a spider. Just get a PPI and see the outcome of it. if it checks out its a good deal....especially if you can get it for low 160's

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    offer 140k and dont spend over 150

ChipG likes this.
  10. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    ^ This

11. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I agree that it’s what it’s probably worth over there. Just wanted to say how envious I am of you out there in north-america, because if you convert USD to EUR, that same amount isn’t enough to buy you a decent, properly sorted out early, first generation California in my country. Well... before CoVid-19 anyway.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

12. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    I saw this car about 2 months ago. There is no history on the vehicle and being a 2013 i thought that was a bit off. The car was bought off an auction and came from Florida from what i remember ( i could be wrong about that). Its a bit rough and needs some TLC, but i think thats a killer deal. I offered 165K at the time and they rejected my offer. i think they are just trying to move the vehicle, but Ferrari of Southbay is just down the street, i'd get it checked out and offer 155K for it. Spend 3-5k on the sticky buttons, rims, detail etc and this car could be a killer to keep for a while and drive the **** out of ...

13. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

LoL....its still there. ;)

I've seen it in my search and jut found this thead. :p

technom3 likes this.
  14. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    My car is a year newer with about 8k more miles and compared to that car mine looks brand new. I can only imagine what shape the paint is in, since black cars need to be maintained properly. I never understood the concept of looking for the least expensive car (unless you are planning to take it apart), since 90% of the time it turns out to cost you more.

Texas Forever and 9650max like this.
  15. RazAtx

RazAtx Rookie

Oct 6, 2019
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Raza Haider
    I saw this car when I first started looking and had it checked out at the local Ferrari dealer. His comments and advice were as follows
    1. Unreasonable wear and tear on seats and buttons...like it had been left out in sun
    2. Paint on car also seemed worn out...he did not do a paint check
    3. Wheels are painted not original...and will not pass safety because paint touches the lugs
    4. Rear wheel is wrong size...too wide...this was wierd for me
    5. Had no papers, only one key, no key code card

All in all it seemed like it was off and I passed....

After that i listened to everyone else's advice here and found a well serviced spider (with records), lower miles, all original, in the color and with most of the options I wanted (racing seats, carbonnfiber interior, etc.,) ... i negotiated but did not hesitate.....paid more than this but my car looks and feels brand new everytime i look at it....and i don't regret it for a second

Texas Forever likes this.
  16. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    RUN!

Carnut likes this.
  17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015