Any dangerous situations presented while in your Ferrari? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any dangerous situations presented while in your Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by dbaker89, Nov 26, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    I have 2 full-size H&K USPs, 1-9 and 1-40. Used to have a concealed carry permit here in Ariz. Will probably re-up when I get a Ferrari, and carry if I feel the need. But no car is worth getting permanently damaged/paralyzed/killed over. Take care!!

Rick

2. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I may not be an F-car owner but I never leave home without my CHL and my .45! I've had a few unprovoked situation's before I had my CHL that were scary so never again.

3. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    This happend at night in a Chicago surburb back in 1999.
    I was in my Viper Roadster stopped at a red light.
    At the bus stop there was a homeless bum sleeping on the bench and two college kids waiting for the bus at the corner.

Homeles guy says...Can you give me a ride? ...I said NO!!!.....then he falls ..head first into my car.
    I started punching the guy, and the two college kids grab him and pull him out of my car.

Since then...it's been fairly quiet.

4. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    What I want to know is how many people in the cars try and race you guys? :D I know if you own an exotic here and drive it around its going to sound like a Hornets nest with all those ricers trying to get some.

I don't own a Ferrari but my friend does and a Diablo, once he and I where on the highway and some kid in a riced out probe just wouldn't let up and really wanted a peace of his Testarossa, insead he got a peace of my Fiero GT and left us alone :D.

5. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    Wow.. you guys must live in some pretty shady neighborhoods. I've never had any such problems whatsoever.

6. 355Aussie

355Aussie Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    George
    Here in Australia they always want to race me everytime on the road. I just cruise along as it is not worth it. Occasionally I may open the 355 up and say goodbye to them.

It is rather annoying at times but thats the price you pay when having a Ferrari down under in Aus land.

7. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Only problem I've had is picking up cops who follow you home, looking for any infraction.

Art

8. masterflex164

masterflex164 Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2004
    New England
    haha, that must've been the most awkward thing, you've been thru.

9. bwassam

bwassam Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2005
    North Bend, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Robert Wassam
    The only problems I've had is people wanting to race with me.

As for car jacking, I converted the strap switch in the seat to a real switch. If I get jacked then on my way out of the car I will kick the switch and the car will go about a quarter of a mile and quit. No amount of cranking will start the car. If they come back for me I can definately claim "fear for my life" and they will die. I have a variety of guns that I carry. My pistol collection only numbers nine. I'm thinking abut getting a Tauris PL145. I'm not sure of the model number but it's .45 cal. It's also a pretty gun that's nearly small enough to fit in your jacket pocket.

As for police officers following me. I consider that to be portection. People following me home. I just drive right past my street and continue around the bay. If they follow me all the way around the bay, then I'll call the local police dispatcher and ask them how they want to handle it. If they don't want to help, then I'm on record for asking for help so what ever happens . . .

Bob Wassam

10. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    My girlfriend, taking it for a spin around the block. Very scary.

11. 328

328 Karting

Oct 20, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    God Bless America!

12. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What the **** is up with all those guns LOL No offence but I'm so happy that I dont live in the USA. It seems like everyone is carrying guns there, I never even saw a real gun in person. And I hope I never get to see one either :)

13. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    That's only in Chicago and Tombstone, Arizona. Hardly anybody carries anymore in Texas, of course...

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, you are right America has really lost control of it's handguns, most bad guys have stolen ones with the ID ground off......

But when they come thru your door you'd better be ready to protect your family, and as the dead NFL player in Miami Florida proves, a machete may not be enough............

I don't have any pistols, why mess around .......I have a .12 guage Police Model Riot Shotgun........18" barrel, with a site bead on the end, as a joke I suppose.......you don't even have to aim it.......it does generate hefty drywall repair invoices....

15. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Statistically, the use of guns is very, very low. However, a lot of people, for a lot of reasons, think they need a gun, and carry it all the time. Other than my time in the Army, in my 63+ years, I have yet to see a gun in action on the streets in the USA, go figure.

Art

16. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    It's all relative.

I don't carry and I don't know anyone who does. But I live in a very low crime area.

Consider the extremes of Central and South America where the banks are guarded by automatic weapons and Britain where I understand the police don't ever carry weapons. Never have seen a polieman in the US without a gun.

The history of the USA is violent from the Revolution to the Wild West. Some have the attitude that by the time the police protect you, you are probably already dead.

Not unusual forpeople to carry guns for protection. I just don't personally know anyone that has shared that information with me.

17. bls2219

bls2219 Rookie

Oct 3, 2007
    Boerne, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Most people who carry legally will not advertise the fact. They carry for personal protection and the protection of family.

18. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I patch bullet holes in my roof fairly often, and they robbed the donut shop 1/2 block away at gunpoint last month.

The Pharmacy on the corner gets it's wall caved in about twice a year......

Need a New Orleans streetwalker? There she goes...........

19. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.

20. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    It's just part of our culture. We've never forgotten our difficult fight for independence, and the importance of remembering that when the s**t hits the fan, nobody is gonna protect you but you. I don't typically carry, but when I'm taking a high profile car into an area I don't trust.... these cars attract attention, both good and bad. Otherwise, my guns are usually locked up at home or only brought out at the range. Anyway, I think the majority of people in the US don't actually have guns. But the legal gun owners here are really not the ones that are likely to hurt anybody. I can't think of much more tragic or distasteful than my actually having to use my gun against another person.

21. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    So very true. Those of us who have CHL's (concealed handgun license's), well most of us, know that you are not a 'Billy badass' and you must respect the priveledge that has been given to us. If you do have to use your firearm you better damn well better be 'in fear of your life, protecting your family or home' and be able to prove it.

22. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Thats how we do things in dah hood.:D

I know only you can attract the wrong attention but in this day and age you never know when old betsy could come in handy.

23. bls2219

bls2219 Rookie

Oct 3, 2007
    Boerne, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bill
    +1

24. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    The trouble is 'bad attention' is looking for us most of the time we dont attract it, well atleast us law abiding citizen's. I had a situation last year when I was minding my own business and got cut-off and brake checked and out of my frustartion I flipped the guy off. Well he follwed me to an Academy parking lot and parked just late enough as too where I was at the front door's. Well the gentleman got out of his BMW 325i, did I mention he had a 2-4yr old child in the backseat in a childseat, and walked up to me within about 5ft and said "I should kick your a$$". Well I proceeded to tell him how ignorant his driving was especially with a child aboard and then told him I am a licensed CHL carrier and pulled my shirt tail aside to show him.

Needless to say he had a big mouth as he turned and went back to his car. I am 5'11 and a solid 200lb's put this guy was atleast 6'5 and 275-300lb's, I would not have stood a chance against him.