any Daytona seat covers that don't look cheesy? | FerrariChat

any Daytona seat covers that don't look cheesy?

Discussion in '360/430' started by pahig, May 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pahig

pahig Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    st. louis, mo
    Full Name:
    paul
    new owner of an '06 blk/blk spider w/ daytona seats...i cringe at the thought aesthetically, but given my desire to keep those seats in splendid shape (with an ancillary thought about comfort during hotter summer days), i am driven to ask the question: are there any functional/comfortable seat covers for daytona seats that don't look like belong to an AARP member riding in his Crown Vic? ;-D i know i'm the one who bought blk/blk, and ideally i'd prefer some sort of black thing that would cover just a portion of the seat and sort of "blend in" whilst providing comfort/protecting the body contact points on the seat, but i figured i'd ask the question...on my first Ferrari, i had tan sheepskin and it didn't look too bad on the tan interior, but i'm not sure i could go down that road here, as the "cheese" factor might be too much to stomach. thanks in advance for your guidance...

2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    #2 Skidkid, May 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    you should talk to my grandma who is an expert in covering everything with plastic.
    Im sure she has suggestions.

Just drive the damn car and don't worry about the seats.
    Do you have your sofa at home covered as well incase guests should pop by?

NO SEAT COVERS CHIEF.....ITS CHEZZY...DONT BE THAT DUDE

4. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

#4 SrfCity, May 11, 2009
    Last edited: May 11, 2009
    Thrashing seats depends on how much you use the car, your weight, how careful you are, jeans with metal do-dads etc. The key is to not rubbing the bolsters when you get in and out. Try to prop yourself up and drop yourself into the seat while minimizing brushing against the leather. Any seat cover will look cheesy.

5. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    And when you enter the car put your butt in first and then swing your legs in very carefully.

That will greatly save the outside bolster.

Keep the leather cleaned and coated with something like Maguiar's Gold Class leather coating.

Seat covers don't cut it in Ferrari's.

I like the grandmother comment with the plastic!

6. pahig

pahig Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    st. louis, mo
    Full Name:
    paul
    I was ready to get some razzing just by asking the question...I guess I have my answer, though to be fair some of the overly tricked-out Ferraris I've seen glorified on these threads (e.g. wheels, interior combo choices) have far exceeded the cheesy-ness of any seat cover I could put in my car...

7. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    #7 mgtr1990, May 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017