Any DBX owners? Issues? | FerrariChat

Any DBX owners? Issues?

Discussion in 'British' started by Frank_C, Jun 21, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Gonna sell my GT3 RS- don’t track any more. Nothing out there really interests me from a trade standpoint. Speccd a Vanquish S back in the day. When I sold it I vowed I’d have another Aston in the garage one day. Thought about ditching my Q8 as well & getting a DBX for the few times I need back seats (otherwise I’d be looking at DB11s). I know of the non touch less info entertainment screen. Any issues with these other than depreciation?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    I was given one for a week to take a trip from NYC to Boston and back. The DBX drives and handles well. It looks great. I had a problem(known) with a "suspension Malfunction do not exceed 50MPH". They said to ignore it and I did.
    Summary- Great car, not worth $100,000 over a Cayenne GTS.

Joe

3. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    My brother in law has one that I’ve taken for 5 day, 1,000 mile holiday last year. I owned newer Cayennes and Mercs, the German electronics in those cars are much better. DBX seemingly is one generation behind what that using from Mercedes. DBX more luxurious inside than any Cayenne. Personal for Merc AMG / Maybach.

Two months ago he had suspension issues. Still awaiting parts from the UK. Dealer doesn’t provide loaners.

This is his 7 and last Aston. Seemingly, the quality changed since AML went public.

4. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Damn shame. I have a soft spot for Astons. I drove the DBX and it is very impressive both in terms of power and comfort. As long as the electronics work I don’t care if they are push button or not- my Q8 buzzes every time I take it out for whatever sensor is unavailable etc. To me the biggest thing is no massage function on a high end “luxury” car. I mean my wife’s F250 has massage…..

VAF84 likes this.
  5. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I too have a soft spot for Aston’s. They are stunning automobiles. Owned vintage and newer ones; visited Gayden many times, big fan of Red Bull for many years, the AMOC members are awesome chaps too. I was also
    fan of Andy Palmer, but since they went public, many Gaydon long term employees were laid off; continual senior executive changes, since Lawrence leading the brand.

Aston’s are very niche and even selling them can be a challenge outside the Aston loyalists. Unlike Porsches, Ferraris and Mercedes, imo.

Historically, Aston always landed on their feet with new investors, hopefully they can turn that corner again. My gut (not preference) it will be Saudis or Mercedes for their needed investments.

https://news.sky.com/story/aston-martin-keeping-options-open-as-saudi-arabia-weighs-possible-163200m-investment-12643397?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

6. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
  7. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Guess it’s best to wait a year.

8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Get an Urus. It ticks all of the boxes. Great Ui/UX, fast enough, massage seats if you want them, etc. I have had zero problems.