News

Any DIY guys here?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by recoil, May 20, 2020.

1. recoil

recoil Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have a F430 in Hampton. I'd love to become more familiar with doing more self maintenance. Anyone somewhat nearby who wouldn't mind an apprentice hanging out watching and learning?

YouTube videos are great but may not be as fun and instructive.

I'll bring the pizza and beer.

Steve

2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Steve,

There is a DIY thread in the 360/430 forum at the top of that section. Good luck in your search for some hang out time.
    The NOVA area used to meet once a year in Great Falls for DIY get together, good times.

Caphill and pilotoCS like this.
  3. Freerange

Freerange Rookie

Feb 8, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gregory Weate
    Hi Steve, I'm in Virginia Beach and have been learning and working on my 328. So far I've adjusted the clutch pedal, radio update, replaced fuel injectors and accumulator, and currently updating some of the lighting to led.
    We could be each others apprentices, or just drink your beer. haha

Caphill likes this.
  4. recoil

recoil Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Would love to see your 328! I'll PM you.

Steve

5. bluesubielover

Apr 18, 2019
    Chesapeake, VA
    Full Name:
    Carl Von Mosch
    Good afternoon guys. I’m a professional technician and service manager in the Chesapeake area that has finally joined the F club. I just acquired a 87 mondial cabriolet and love it. I have quite the array of tools and a lot of repair experience along with lifts at my shop that are available when needed. Let’s connect soon and keep in touch for repair and social gatherings of our great cars.

6. Al Casteen

Al Casteen Rookie

Feb 21, 2020
    Smithfield, VA
    Full Name:
    Al Casteen
    I'm pleased to report that Steve, Greg, and I met this past Sunday to meet each other and discuss DIY maintenance items. Greg gets the gold star for making this happen with a few phone calls. We met at the Smithfield Ice Cream Parlor in Smithfield, VA and after some refreshment... and cooling off time in the AC!!;):D; we took a short drive over to a local landmark, Windsor Castle, for a couple pictures. My car is red and Greg's is blue. Steve recently sold his Ferrari so all y'all wishing to part with one give him a buzz!!

Turns out Steve was the only one with hands on experience and had much to offer. I look forward to our future discussions and hopefully gaining some experience with at least basic maintenance items as Ferrari dealerships are about equally located three to four hours away in two different directions. We will see what happens.

I'm posting this in hopes of attracting others in the area to join us... for ice cream if nothing else!!:D

Enjoy the pictures.

Al
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

E60 M5 and Freerange like this.
  7. bluesubielover

Apr 18, 2019
    Chesapeake, VA
    Full Name:
    Carl Von Mosch
    I’m mad I missed this. I had to work. It looks like you guys had a good time. I will be on the next one. If you do need help with maintenance let me know. I have access to the scanners when needed and have quite the tool collection to repair just about anything out there.

Al Casteen likes this.
  8. 4heid

4heid Karting

Jul 31, 2019
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I am a DIYer and a reaonably new TR owner based in Ellicott City. Would like to get together in the future.

9. bluesubielover

Apr 18, 2019
    Chesapeake, VA
    Full Name:
    Carl Von Mosch
    I went to tech school for Lincoln Tech and lived in Elliott City. Whenever I go up to Merriweather Post I see our old apartments off Route 40. Maybe we could meet somewhere in the middle or meet at Ferrari of Washington. Congrats on your TR. That is one I’d like to ride in and see in person.