Any experience with Woodside Credit? | FerrariChat

Any experience with Woodside Credit?

Discussion in '360/430' started by RedNeck, Jul 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Talked to a guy from there today that said they would finance a 360 for 10! years...Now I don't know if I would go that route, but the kicker is, he said the APR was 5.99%! I haven't paid a rate like that in years. I have a 3.25% loan right now and my dad financed his XKR at 1.99%, shorter (not by much) term loan. I expected a little higher APR on a longer term loan, but didn't expect that, especially with a car that is starting to increase in value. Btw, my score is just south of 800...

2. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Lots of threads around on financing terms on F-cars - don't recall the location of the latest, but you can probably find it with a search.

3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I used Penfed at 3% for mine. If I had gotten lucky I'd have the 1.99%.

4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
  5. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    I had to use Woodside. I would have preferred lightstream but they only would loan me 85k and I needed more. Wood side was good but they just sell the loan to a bank.

The issue I had with lightstream was I hadn't taken out a car loan in 8 years and it was like 60k but woodside came through. My score is north of 800. I would have preferred lightstream but I don't keep loans for long so it will be paid off next year and at that point interest rate didn't matter

6. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I got the 1.99%...not sure if Penfed still has it but worth looking into...almost free money

7. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    That's awesome!! 👍🏻👍🏻

8. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm not a happy camper with Woodside.
    They have a 2 year pre-pay penalty and most of your payment is interest.
    My credit union screwed around so long that I had to use Woodside or my deal would have evaporated.
    They then sold the loan.

Sounds like a great business to be in though.

9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Ouch....a prepayment penalty is almost a dealbreaker, depending on what it is...If APR's are similar I tend to take out the longest term loan I can and then pay extra, just in case there's a month or so with unexpected bills..

10. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Looks like Penfed has the 1.99% but now for only 36 months...2.49 for 48 upto 3.49% for 72 months. They were easy to deal with...

11. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    #12 Alcav5, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    supply & demand

Woodside serves a purpose

I have not used them but spent a decent amount to get even qualified and have funds in place (they get it multiple ways) :)

12. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
    You can easily get 2.9% for 72 months through a credit union, usually up to 100k.

13. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Not sure on pre payment penalty I have to look at that. Honesty I pay a bit extra each month and the loan isn't structured any different than any of the other loans out there. When your balance is higher interest is higher, as you pay down interest less principal part more...

Standard.

14. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    Easy to work with... There is a prepayment penalty if you pay it off before 2 years... 5.99% is high, but you only have to put down 15% of the sale price, and they do all the paperwork at the DMV..... I had them and they sold my loan in its 1st month.

Overall good experience, but you pay for it.

Matthew F likes this.