Any Ferrari owners drive the new Mustang Shelby GT500? | FerrariChat

Any Ferrari owners drive the new Mustang Shelby GT500?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by JohnnyTT, Aug 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JohnnyTT

JohnnyTT Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    John
    Hello all,

Seeing this car recently, it's the first Mustang (excluding old school) I've ever like the look of. Anybody have any experience driving one? Thoughts?

2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    No but I race a 2019 Mustang GT that I bought a new off the dealer lot to build into a racecar. All I can say is Ford builds about the worst POS I have ever worked on. Granted the GT500 is a completely different beast but the bones are just plain old Mustang.

3. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    I just bought a CFTP 2021 and the quality control is pretty lacking but I knew that going in as my 2016 GT350 was a POS too. Recaros are nice and the DCT is fun to play with. More capable than my previous 2020 Redeye Widebody at putting the power to the street too. I DD it.

Davesvt2000 likes this.
  4. JohnnyTT

JohnnyTT Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    John
    POS is 2 of 2 responses.

Feeling like i should let that itch fade away.......

Thanks.

Face76 likes this.
  5. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Face and Fatbilly--just changed the oil in my GT350 ('18) today. Other than a grinchy recline in the driver's seat has been problem free. And I currently own other makes (BMW, Porsche, and Jeep) with more problems. I'm not a Ford fanboy, but what about them sucks (to me quality is not cheap ass plastics in the interior--which the GT350 has in spades, and it is not the cheap Mustang bits in an 80K+ car--the GT500--it is lack of strength, mechanical robustness, etc.). So I hardly think the Mustang family is perfect, but I hardly think my other cars are either.

Davesvt2000 likes this.
  6. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    The biggest complaints for me on the '16 GT350 were very poor workmanship including an almost 1/4 inch gap on rear bumper fitment and a crooked stripe. Never had a problem with the drive train but I didn't put a lot of hard miles on it. I think these problems were fixed in later years.

Davesvt2000 and Scotty like this.
  7. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

I own and have owned a 2013 GT 500 from almost new. I like it. It was really the first year they brought back the muscle car in its current form. Unlike my 2015 Aperta, I can jump in that and row some gears when the mood strikes. The new ones you can't do that unfortunately because you need both types ha ha.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Face76 and Davesvt2000 like this.