Any Fiat People? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any Fiat People?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by sjmst, Nov 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele

sorry, I can't completely agree with you ;)

Fiat and Ferrari have always been far away.....Fiat is starting to use Ferrari technologies now just for some applications in some extreme Alfa Romeo models (Alfa Romeo 8c...)

ALtough ferrari is using some Fiat advanced technologies to test his cars....just like Porsche uses Volkswagen's, because they have not enough money to make that tests by theirself...

I know, you mean that Ferrari is owned by Fiat....but that's not like Audi by VW or Lexus by Toyota for example, neither like Alfa Romeo under Fiat control...

Ferrari still controls herself, with just some Fiat's help sometimes.

well, sorry for my englisgh, is very difficult for me to explain in english the things I think in Italian....:(

2. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

3. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele

didn't really know this....are you really sure?

FIAT means Fabbrica Italiana di Automobili Torino

(Italian car manufacurer of Turin, in an approximate translation....)

and surely the 500 was designed by the italian engineer Dante Giacosa....

4. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele
    well, that's true....but I don't think its a clone...

Innocenti bult the english minis under licence in Italy for some years....don't remember when...

but Innocenti was not under Fiat's control in that age I think ;)

5. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

My very first car ever at the tender.....and very naive age of 17 ......was a 1974 Fiat 124 spider.

Total P.O.S........and it was only 2 years old when I had it.

Having said that my wife and I own a 2002 Fiat Palio 1.0 litre sedan that we keep at our apartment in Rio de Janeiro and we absolutely love it.

6. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    I would love to own a FIAT spyder 2000. I drove one not too long ago, and fell in love with it!!!!

7. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Contact Al - [email protected] in Houston. I know there are a couple of cars for sale there.

8. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    Thanks for the information!!!!!!

9. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    My mom had a pink, yes pink, Syder back in the 70s. It also had hand painted silver pin striping on it. She loved that car but it sure was in the shop a lot. Used to embarrass the hell out of me when she would sometimes pick me up at school.

10. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    I always thought Fiat stood for "Fix it again Tony".

11. GearHead

GearHead Karting

Jan 3, 2004
    I owned a Spider 2000 and a Bertone X1/9.

Both were great cars, no problems!

12. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    For the record, contrary to what was posted above by Carlos, there is no English origin of the Fiat company. If there ever was any connectin at all, it's been totally erased from the history of Fiat in the books I have on my shelves.

-Slim
    (i'm on my 6th Fiat now)

13. Armand

Armand Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    NE Ohio
    Full Name:
    Armand
    Your absolutly right about the mini 308. I had an X1/9er and an 80 Spyder. Both sold, but I saw a for sale powder Blue X1/9 other day on my travels thru Cleveland burb, looked to be a 78. Would love to find an early 1/9.
    Tremendous fun to drive n toss around.

AlfaCorsa.

14. Armand

Armand Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    NE Ohio
    Full Name:
    Armand
    So did I, as I posted. Only problem I had w/ the Spyder was the ignition switch. Had a habit of stranding me in the most peculiar places.

Only prob w/ the 9er was rust. I think it was an option.

Saw an Alfa spyder other day in my parking garage at work, guy had a sticker right on the hood that read
    "Niki Lauda F1".
    Nice sticker, but I dont think I would have put it on the hood.

AlfaCorsa.

15. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    My first car was a second hand white 124 spider america back in 1983. Apart from rusting problems, I absolutely adored it. I had to sell it after 5 years and 60.000 miles of great fun.
    Believe it or not, every now and then I still dream of it. This does not happen for any other of my previously owned cars (including 911) or motorcycles.

Ciao

Eugenio

16. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan

LOL!!

17. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    x1/9 for a daily driver (not that i have anything else :D )

18. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Here's a shot of my 1981- Turbo Spider.
    They only built about 700 of these between 1981-1982. Not to many left around anymore.

I've had it for about four years and it's a real fun car to take out on sunny days.

19. abavai

abavai Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    My father was owner of a beautifull fiat 130 coupe aut. I loved it, nice interior and good sound.
    Pininfarina designed this car before ferrari 400, rolls Camargue and lancia gamma coupe. I love the ferrari 412 i. The fiat 130 was the cheap ferrari 400 .

20. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Hi again: What reaction do you get to the brown?
    I love mine in that color,
    Sam

21. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Hi there,

I've got a '99 Fiat Bravo GT as a daily driver. Done already 280.000km with it (175.000miles) without any problem. Who said you can't trust a Fiat! It's a great car.

Greets, Alex.

22. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a 67 2300S which has been totally rebuilt and is crying it's eyes out as I never drive her anymore since getting the GT4.

I drove this car over 60K miles with no problems at insane speeds that got me into and out of trouble that very few cars could do.

Above 100mph you cannot tell the difference in driving sensations but below 80mph this car is a pig in the city as the steering is way too heavy.

I have had her for 21 years, seen two wives and 4 girlfriends out and still starts first time everytime :)

23. redxped1

redxped1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2004
    il
    my dads got a 1959 Fiat 500 nouva USA yes a USA model it has the big bumpers and "bug eyed" heads lights 1971 850spider 1976 lancia scorpion also my uncle just got done restoring a 1981 fiat turbo spider

24. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    BTW, i have a website with some of my fiats (past and present) and lots of fiats belonging to friends. I intended to have at least one page for every model sinc the 50s but got busy recently and haven't finished it yet.

http://www.3jar.com/fiat

25. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    IIRC, there was a special Niki Lauda model Spider made, with a few extra bells and whistles. That was probably a fairly rare bird as far as Alfa Spiders go.